[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally manage to get a few things straight in my life >getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ZmtV4mUf.jpg (42 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
ZmtV4mUf.jpg
42 KB, 380x380
>finally manage to get a few things straight in my life
>getting better socially
>meet people and make friends
>some of them are younger than me
>their at the "oh yeah I'm working on my finals and working in a company for my project" point in their life
>I dropped out of school 4 years ago and did nothing

I'm really afraid I fucked up my situation beyond repair.
I know I can still make a difference, but I'm so scared about how hard it is going to be that I can't do it.

It makes perfect sense to work hard now to have a better life later,
but I'm so fucking afraid I always end up chosing being miserable instead.
>>
I'm on a somewhat similar boat. You are older so you don't know if they aren't gonna fuck up like you or worse when they reach your current age. It's normal that their hopes and expectiations are high at this time of their lives. You are older and in some aspects probably wiser. You can still help them out sharing your life experience. And it's never too late to change and make your life better, the fact that you met these cool people is probably a sign of things starting to get better in general. Not saying there won't be downs though but at least it's a great start.
>>
>>17248735
>You are older so you don't know if they aren't gonna fuck up like you or worse when they reach your current age

They're just about to give their finals, I'm 25 and I dropped out of hs and I have no real work experience.

I can't teach them anything, I think it's more likely I should try to learn something from them.
>>
>>17248747
Well that's not a bad thing, I'm learning a lot from my friends who are mostly 4 years younger than me. As long as you feel you are a good person and try to improve yourself a bit you should feel better. It also helps to do some charity work and help people in need, it boosts your self esteem.
>>
>>17248727
Ill be 24 in October and im still a year away from getting my degree. Just keep going. Nobody will judge you if you try.
>>
>>17249165
I'm 25 and still need to get my hischool degree, doesn't look goo on a cv even if I do end up getting it somehow.

University is not even remotely a possibility.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.