[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to stop being condescending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 6496786.gif (851 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
6496786.gif
851 KB, 500x700
My mates gave me their honest opinion that my biggest problem is coming off as condescending. I'd like to know how I become more aware of when I am doing so and how to stop. If it helps, I'm a petite female
>>
Even if you're right about something just don't be a dick about it. Be understanding of why they would have that opinion and rather than just say "obviously this way is the right one" explain the reasoning that got you to your perspective. No one is right all the time. Everyone has been 100% sure of something that was not true, so don't express yourself as if you never have.
>>
>>17248625
bump
>>
>>17248625
Stop thinking you're superior or your opinion is superior to others. That's a start.
>>
>>17248676

If this weren't 4chan, I would suggest that she might actually be, so haters just mad.
>>
Give this some thought:

What does it mean to be sincere?

Follow that up with:

What does it mean to be sincerely concerned for somebody else?

I assume when you say you're being condescending, it's probably a lot of "Wow, you didn't know that?" or "You should have known that." or worse yet, just being a straight up cunt and treating people like they're inadequate in some form. Talking to them like they're children, pets, stupid, etc.

You may have come from a background in which teasing and taunting each other was how the group got its kicks, but regardless of whether that is how your group functions now, why would you want to treat the people you call your friends (the people you enjoy) like shit?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.