[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anorexic gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cbaby.png (2 MB, 1201x1197) Image search: [Google]
cbaby.png
2 MB, 1201x1197
Been with my girl a year now, I think she's the one - cute, smart, funny, sweet. Problem is that she has PTSD and an eating disorder. When she's healthy, she's amazing, but when she's sick she's like a completely different person. I just want her to be healthy, which is why we've been long distance the last two months while she's in treatment. But she recently switched to a new treatment center and finally told me that she's completely relapsing. I'm not sure what to do, or what I even CAN do. Any advice? Anyone ever been with an anorexic girl?

pic related
>>
>>17248258
How does she do sexually?
>>
>>17248258

I could never even imagine how to begin dealing with idiots who make up imaginary problems because they don't have real ones. Or worse yet, if they do.

I can't even begin to understand it.
>>
>>17248258
>I'm not sure what to do, or what I even CAN do. Any advice?
Just be supportive and don't encourage any self destructive behaviour.
You can't do anything yourself to actually fix her, that's for professionals.
>>
>>17248264
Drink fucking bleach. Stop posting here.
>>
>>17248276

As I said in the other thread, I am pretty curious as to what's triggering you.
>>
>>17248263
When she's healthy, it's fucking mind blowing
>>
tell her to start weight lifting (she'll obviously have to eat more). a nice workout routine may help her.
>>
Three questions. You don't have to answer these if you don't want to, or if she wouldn't want you to, but they would help us get our bearings.

1) What form of anorexia does she have? "Anorexia nervosa" is the kind you hear about models getting -they starve themselves but still feel fat even when they're skeletal- but there are others.
2) You mention PTSD, which implies a past trauma. Do you know what the trauma was?

It is a bad idea to get involved with someone who refuses to take an active role in their own healing process. But if she's seeking treatment, then she clearly is taking that role (or at least wants to, which is still a step above refusing to). For that reason, although you should leave if it becomes clear that you can't handle this, I don't think there's any need to leave until that happens.

The best thing you can do is encourage her not to give up on this. You can't take on her pain for her, but you can fight it together. If she has relapses like this, consider learning psychological first aid. This is not a substitute for actual treatment -though she's getting treatment, which is good- but it can help bring someone out of an individual episode. That would be a valuable skill to have.
>>
>>17248264
>I can't even begin to understand it.
Start with some introspection exercises.
>>
>>17248330

Sure:

1. Do I want my life to be shittier for no reason whatsoever?
2. No
3. Don't be anorexic.

>>17248316 has a point. Chances are she is afraid she will get fat. So if she knew fitness was keeping her at a good weight, maybe she would chill.
>>
>>17248324
1) She has anorexia, b/p subtype.
2) I do, she had a really fucked up childhood, and then was also raped in college.

Yeah, it definitely helps that she's motivated to get healthy. But she's also really struggling and this is the first time it's been quite so obvious that she isn't in control, not matter how much she wants to get better.

What do you mean by "psychological first aid"?

>>17248316
We've talked about this, actually, and she's on board to work out with me when she gets back. It will be a challenge, though, because she's already had a heart attack (Dec of last year) and by the time she got to treatment, her kidneys were also failing. So she's much healthier now, even in relapse, but her health is a little fragile to go ham on the exercise.
>>
>>17248379
>What do you mean by "psychological first aid"?
It's like medical first aid, but for psychological traumas as opposed to physical injuries. It's typically used on disaster victims, soldiers coming out of combat situations, and, increasingly, trauma victims. In this particular case, it's too late for psychological first aid to do anything ablut the initial trauma, but it may still be of use when dealing with flashbacks and other episodes.

It's too broad a topic to go into very much here, but there are resources on the Web to help with this. The DOD is a surprisingly big player in this field.
>>
>>17248433
Red Cross has videos on YouTube for it too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.