[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hobbies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Dog eating leaf.jpg (330 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Dog eating leaf.jpg
330 KB, 1280x1280
I'm a fucking loser with no hobbies aside from lurking on 4chan and laughing at the occasional funny shitpost

Obviously this cannot translate as a skill into real life, and it is also very unfulfilling

I would like some recommendations of hobbies that are rewarding and have a steady progression, so nothing like art because it takes 5 years to become decent at it

I am thinking of cooking and gardening as my chill-out hobbies but I need a couple more that can be 'useful', something technical maybe

I thought about programming, woodworking, etc. but i'd prefer something away from the computer and something cheap to start with

Something that can make me some side money would be REALLY nice
>>
Learning languages. Plenty of free resources online, check the >>>/int/ sticky for some of them. I took up Japanese among a lot of other languages. I now translate doujinshi/manga on the side, and it's decent money. I'd also recommend taking up an instrument.
>>
>>17248064
I'm missing out on a lot of artistic ability. I ruled out drawing/painting/sculpting/music because I just don't think creatively at all. Unless there is a way to learn creativity, I don't think i'm even going to try those.

Language learning sounds good though. I might go with an easy language at first, what would you choose between French, Spanish, or Dutch? I'm english btw so Spanish won't help me like it might help an american
>>
Do you have interest in gadgets? You could use some starter-kit for making your very own electronic circuit and getting it to do stuff for you. There are plenty of brands of microcontroller (it's just like a brain to control components you add) out there, but Arduino should be cheaper and friendlier.

Stay creative m8
>>
How old are you OP

Gay older men would pay a small fortune to tap a 16 y olds ass. You might even learn to enjoy it
>>
If you aren't actually willing to put in any work or time then you will not make any money.
>>
Drone piloting
Woodcarving
Hiking/camping/campfire
Fishing
Shooting
Make wood furniture
Male prostitution
>>
>>17248594
Yeah I like technology, i've heard about raspberry pi and arduino robotics stuff, might look into that

>>17248595
haha piss off i'm not letting myself get manhandled by old fags

and i'm 18

>>17248612
I am willing to put in time and work, my days of being a lazy sod are over and i'm trying to change

>>17248651
Fishing, camping, carving sound ok. Drone piloting I wouldnt really say is a hobby, but I have been trying to save up for one
>>
Pretty much in the same boat as you, 18, no hobbies and want something off the computer as well.

So far, picked up running and lifting, languages and would recommend Spanish if you want something easier although it's pretty subjective what's best. I gave Spanish and French a good shot, and German a go too. Get duolingo and try out some you may be interested in.

listed shit I want to read, both fiction and non-fiction. Mainly philosophy and Economics but with fiction, I try to read semi-classic. No paradise lost but stuff like Orwell, Vonnegut, Camus

I imagine you have a hobby of some kind of media like music, film, books, games, technology whatever. I'm big into film so I've just gotten some films and began lazily-studying them and pissing about with script writing. It's pretty amateur but just find something you're already interested in and do something creative within it. You said about arduino so start there.

Another thing I've started doing which isn't really a hobby is keeping a journal. I know you're probably laughing but I've only had a year and it's really interesting to remember things with and to remember events. Just list key events and your feelings towards them or something that's happened to you that day that was funny or weird. It sounds stupid but just give a shot. It can be pretty cathartic too .
>>
>>17248867
Im gonna start lifting this summer with a friend if all goes well

I guess I have some 'hobbies' but they're basically useless, mostly gaming and watching movies like you said. I love books though, got a shit ton of books i'm hoping to read once these exams are over. I mostly go for modern fiction but I'll have to try some more classic books

And nah i aint laughing about the journal. I think it'd be nice to remember details of my life, it's just that my life is so boring and bland there wasn't ever much point of a journal. It'd just be filled with 'failed another exam at school. Grinded for 5 hours on some shit game' every single day
>>
>>17248651
How does one get into male prostitution? I have been looking around for a while, and I keep running into compensated dating for japanese girls in japan.
>>
>>17248757
>and i'm 18
Even better!

Try Chess; it's easy-ish to find other players in most cities and helps to facilitate conversations about openings and whatnot
>>
File: 1465250606001.jpg (177 KB, 2160x1920) Image search: [Google]
1465250606001.jpg
177 KB, 2160x1920
>>17248867
I had a journal when i was young. I wrote in it for about 5 years and than slowly put less entrees in it. I found it one day when moving and read all my entrees. It was funny and sad. Brought back many memories. About once a year when i stumble across it i make an update entree so to speak.
>>
>>17248880

Are we the same person? I have a mile long list of shit to read, watch and listen to after exams and during summer. Modern fiction is good to read but it's just older stuff is so enduring for a reason and iconic, I've never released the impact that these things have on pop culture or how often they come up in conversation sometimes. Also, some of the stuff has really made me rethink things.

I'm not a big gamer but I've downloaded some software and began pissing about trying to make some platformers. It's pretty slow but can fit with your coding stuff if you're that into it. Also, stopping grinding on some games can really help. Some of my friends would spend hours on games to only admit, it was ultimately for nothing. Just limit yourself, knock 5 hours to 3 and then to 2 or even less. Do stuff that you enjoy but also don't let it be your whole thing.

A big thing about the journal is that you don't have to write in it everyday. I tried and like you, didn't do enough to consistently write everyday. I've just starting rambling about shit like politics and opinions I have at the time and things during the day like events and what the reaction was. I sometimes write down the names of things i think will have a massive impact in the future like musicians or what films will be considered classics. I just imagine writing about "the godfather" back when it was first released and how amazing that would be. I wanna open in 50 years and remember the littlest details about things I've forgot. Playing the long game with that one.

>>17248919
That's my ideal situation although a bit more frequent hopefully. Just look back and not so much reminisce just kinda remember shit. I don't really want anyone to read them and then, if I'm lucky, get them out for my son or grandson and just be one of those annoying granddads/dads who just chat shit all the time. Maybe stuff some stuff between the pages likes concert tickets or film tickets.
>>
>>17248916
What are some good sites/programs for online chess for this?
>>
>>17248897
Just post an ad on Craigslist, something like young teen for rewarding daddy

I've got a guy who pays me £160 and HE sucks my dick. The younger you are the more you can charge.
>>
>>17249131
Lol that sounds like good money but: A, I don't want to get raped, and B, it would be throwing away ALL my morals to let some old man suck my dick for money
>>
>>17249591
other people on here trying to figure it out playa, just swerve. I don't mind making money this way desu, just never knew how to get into it.
>>
>>17249131
well consent here in the states is 18 and I'm 20. Not sure if I can lie and say 18 or something, I don't look that old. It's just, I live in LA and this could prove to be dangerous.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.