[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucked over by employer, what next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 739.png (234 KB, 200x234) Image search: [Google]
739.png
234 KB, 200x234
I've been applying for a part-time gig for months, until one of the places I applied to called me back and invited me for an interview.

He told me I would have training for 2 to 4 days after which I would sign the work contract. I worked there for approx. 10 days as opposed to 4, from 9.30 to 3 or 4pm depending on how busy the day was. The business entailed selling (what I'm now suspecting is fake) jewellery to Chinese tourists at a massive markup. I did my job and then some, they also asked me to stay behind and take some product photos for their catalogue which I did.

In the meantime one of my coworkers told me there had been many people working for a week or so who would then mysteriously be replaced with new trainees, usually young foreign students who couldn't get a job elsewhere due to the language barrier. That was my first clue. The only people with the contracts were those who had been working since the company's inception.

After about a week of working there, the owner told me he'll prepare my contract but everytime I wanted to sign it something would come up: the printer wasn't working, he forgot etc.
Suddenly one of the managers told me it's okay to take a day off (where I live it's illegal to work 7 days a week) so I did. On that day she messaged me and asked me to give her the pictures. I told her they weren't ready, she said she'll wait.
I gave her the pictures the day after and she told me I can rest some more because they have new trainees coming in. I went to work anyway because I'd forgotten something. She told me I was being unfair to other workers and sent me home, telling me she'll message me about the contract. On that same day I got the message from the owner telling me I'm fired.

According to my friend this is very common and this way they essentially get free labour.

What can I do? I'm going to the unemployment office to complain tomorrow. I still have all the RAWs.
>>
>>17248021
Contact fair work or the tax office IMO. They're not paying proper wages, which means tax evasion. If there's one thing the government doesn't like, it's tax dodgers.
>>
>>17248029
Thanks m8, will do. Is there anything else I can/should/shouldn't do?
>>
>>17248029
This
Also complain to the better business bureau and get them screwed over for their fake jewelry.
https://www.bbb.org/
>>
>>17248061
Isn't that a yank organisation though?
>>
Honestly, if it was me, I'd go back there and ask for my money. Loudly, in public. If they asked me to leave, I'd refuse. What are they going to do - call the police?
>>
>>17248078
Yes. Disregard that since you aren't American.
>>
>>17248043
You should gather up as much evidence as you can about the hours you've worked, and probably don't tell your 'employers' about it. Good luck anon, people that pull this kind of shit deserve to be reprimanded.
>>
>>17248096
I found a weekly schedule in my email and some emails they sent me during the week. Hopefully it'll be enough.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.