[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay I'm at a loss here, and it's starting to annoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: run.jpg (871 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
run.jpg
871 KB, 1600x1067
Okay I'm at a loss here, and it's starting to annoy me. How to get better at running?

I'm a casual runner but I want to eventually do 4:30 km/min. I've done half marathon (with around 6:00/km) and I usually run between 5 and 10 kms between 5:00 and 6:00 on average. I'm in worse shape than the last year, but no matter what, I can't seem to progress anywhere from that 5:00 and 5:30 mark (and that's for 5km only).

How do I improve?
>>
Ask /fit/
>>
running is terrible for you, that's why you can't progress. But if you must run, run on grassy fields.

Doing sprints on grass also helps.

honestly you're better off walking and having a sensible low fat diet instead of running - running is a waste.
>>
>>17247930
You have to build up to it, duh. Make a schedule for yourself, and make it increase in difficulty gradually. Be aware of shin splints, as other anon said. You should also increase your general fitness - don't just run, do other shit too.
>>
>>17247973
Disregard the retard
>>
you doing interval training already? i personally love doing that on a treadmill because it lets you see your speed increse very good.

I started switching between long distance and interval and incresed my medium speed from 9 to over 10 km/h

interval means: warm up 1km switch between slow running (but above walking) speed and sprinting until you are out of breath (like 1-2 minutes) . you start with a ration 2 slow per 1 minute fast and try to get it closer to 1:1 later on - cooldown
>>
>>17248008
i ran for years. never got anywhere, and never had any fun doing it. It's an activity for stupid people. I mountain bike now.
>>
>>17247930

What's your failure point? Are you getting injured? Are you running out of breath? Does something cramp up? Can you not force yourself to run faster?

>>17248696

Supposedly running is shit for your knees, BUT they didn't find any more arthritis in runners than in normal people WITHOUT any prior injuries. Runners had 15 year longer lifespan. This was a huge study.

Biking isn't anywhere near as intense.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.