[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1.almost a year of long distance relationship Europe-China. 2.forgets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160612_011328.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160612_011328.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4208
1.almost a year of long distance relationship Europe-China.
2.forgets her birthday
3.after a week she still says she will never forget this and doesn't trust me that I truly love her.
4.wat do
>>
>>17247442
look, it is no big deal. i am close friends with a guy in europe and i know how annoying time zones are and it makes communication hard
>>
>>17247443
Thanks for the reply.

I mean I totally forgot her birthday. I was so busy that I forgot it was that day. That day when we spoke on the phone and I didnt tell her happy birthday we both realized that I had forgot. Then drama ensued. What is no big deal, forgetting the first birthday?
>>
in an LDR here with China too.
how long have you been together in the same place?
>>
>>17247501
If you put all of the visits we made each other together, it is 4 months of living together. But we are talking everyday on the phone.
>>
>>17247512
Ok me personally, if a girl got that upset about this kind of thing just one year into the relationship I'd tell her to fuck off. This shit doesn't mean you don't love her and if she things it's that of a big deal I'd say she's either very inexperienced or otherwise a drama queen you don't actually want. But I don't know you and her so let's consider the following:

* If she's young and inexperienced (easy to find in China) then it makes sense, but she possibly might not be mature enough for this relationship.
* If she's very experienced then I would be suspicious of the response.

To sum up it sounds like you don't have a good enough communication and that you don't really know each other very well. Do you have a lot of experience in relationships? I guess not (no offence). Maybe you think you know her but the relationship is not that deep yet. People need a lot of time and maturity to actually trust and understand each other.
>>
>>17247529
Thanks for your answer, it's insightful. I'm 26 she is 25.

Actually I have much experience in relationships and I think so too. Forgetting something is human. It doesn't mean you don't love or don't care about your significant other.

Her main argument is that in the past I have said that the birthday and anniversary of the relationship are the most important dates to remember in a relationship.

While this being according to me true, there are more important things in a relationship than remembering these days. Things like caring, trusting, understanding etc. In the end I didn't do anything with the intend to hurt her.

I told her yesterday that she has to find a way to get over it so we can continue the relationship on good terms... Because every time we talk these days, the topic goes straight to that she can't believe that I forgot her birthday and that I'm killing our love.
>>
>>17247554

Well then you're not kids anymore.
I think she's already passed exaggeration.

If you really think she's that great you can try to have a heart-to-heart convo with her and without placing blame on her, trying to figure why does it really bother her so much. Maybe it relates to something in her past and you can accept her and help her.

But there's also the pretty likely (sorry) possibility that she just doesn't give a fuck about you and just uses this to find a way out of the relationship.
>>
>>17247564
I should carefully find out what is the deal then.
>>
>>17247554
How did you apologize? Did you send her flowers? Did you recognize you did something wrong? WHAT DID YOU DO TO FIX IT?
>>
>>17247574
This!
I know a woman who was cheating on her fiance. She gave hints of herself being with another guy. When he checked her phone, she got really angry and blamed it all on him so it appeared to be his fault.
>>
>>17247575
With LDRs actions speak louder than words. Did you do something to make up for it?

Especially when LDR birthdays and special occasions are really important to girls. This is a big deal to her and she is probably really upset.

It shouldn't be a big deal but it is. She'll get over it but do something nice to make it up to her.
>>
>>17247484
>What is no big deal, forgetting the first birthday?
yes
Lol this happens between me and my Europesn friend allthe time. These time zones are freaking annoying. I am from Honkonng btw
Btw she may be doing this to manipulate you. Maybe she thinks that you are not talking to her enough so she manipulated her like that. I certainly manipulated my friend like that lol.
>>
>>17247586
Fucking Chinks.
I thought you only manipulate your business partners.
>>
>>17247604
All women do that
I know a woman who was cheating on her fiance. She dropped hints that shewas with another gu, and when her fiance started asking her about it in detail, she acted really angry saying that it was his fault and broke up. Turns out that she was a gold digger and met a guy even richer
>>
Why would it not be a big deal? You said it yourself, anniversaries and birthdays are important. Don't just brush off your mistake like it was nothing. Do something to fix it.
>>
>>17247628
Like what?
>>
>>17247582
Sorry for the late reply. I send her a happy birthday song of me singing it on the piano
>>
Bomp
>>
What you should do is not forget her birthday.

Get a digital agenda and set a reminder.
>>
>>17248042
OK. But what about what already happened. She says even if I remember all of her birthday she will never forget because it is the first one.

Any way to fix this?

Halp
>>
Come on adv. I don't ask for adv often. I really need your wisdom now.

Wat do to fix things?
>>
Still waiting for actual advice
>>
>>17248182
You want advice?
Long Distance Relationships do not fucking work and you're an idiot.
>>
>>17248203
There is a plan to move together.
>>
How do I get a Chinese girl to move back with me anons? I've been there once for about a week
>>
To me it sounds both of you are not ready for a serious relationship. Especially when in LDR you need a really good and and open communication to make it work and it sounds like you two don't have it. This birthday thing is just a symptom. Unless you work that out first you have no hope of having a fulfilling relationship with her.
>>
>>17248140
You can ask her how you should fix it. Anon could be right that this could be the symptom of something bigger. Maybe she already felt your love wasn't big and sincere anyways and she didn't trust you anyways so she caught you in the act.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.