[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Creating a Fake Tinder Good for Practicing Talking to Women?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: dude.jpg (163 KB, 740x554) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
163 KB, 740x554
Ugly kissless virgin here. I just created a fake Tinder account with the profile picture of a moderately cute guy I swiped from /soc/. Can hiding behind this picture so that I can talk to girls get me to learn to be more comfortable talking to them?

Obviously, I don't intend to ever actually meet them or exchange real numbers. I just want to have conversations and practice flirting.

Also, within the first 10 minutes of swiping, I already saw to chicks I know in real life. In fact, I just worked with one earlier today. I pressed the "like" button just for the lulz.
>>
I do this. I actually have several accounts and i talk to girls i know via all of them. It is great for both getting to know them and influencing them on multiple levels
>>
>>17247181

>Can hiding behind this picture so that I can talk to girls get me to learn to be more comfortable talking to them?

My knee jerk reaction was to tell you this was a terrible idea but the more I thought about it the more I began to consider the possibility that knowing what its like to communicate as a confident man might actually help you communicate as a confident man.

As long as you plan to eventually start using your own face to be talk to women this might not be a terrible idea. I'm not exactly sure. You've given me something to think about, anon.
>>
>>17247189
>>17247181
Kek kek kek kek kek.

Whats the point??
Thats like placing extra pathetic on your pathetic.

Where do you think it will end up.

inb4 anon falls hard for girl on tinder but can never meet and ends up killing himself.
>>
>>17247181
The best thing is your probably a fucking virgin because you cant take any girl below a 8. Fuck your level +1 or below. Stop being a greedy cuck.
>>
One thing that is depressing me is all the fat girls. Like, I feel really bad for them, knowing that probably very few people ever like them. It's like, at least in real life, if you're unattractive, there's the chance that somebody will get to know your personality through a work environment, or mutual interests, or school or something. Proximity can let you get to know somebody's personality, bypassing their looks.

But Tinder is 100% a visual thing. Nobody's going to be liking these fat girls' pictures. I feel like the dudes that will are probably people hunting for girls with low self-esteem to take advantage of. It's like, I want to click "like" on their pictures out of pity, but then I'm like, "well, I don't wanna talk to fat chicks, either."

>>17247205
>inb4 anon falls hard for girl on tinder but can never meet and ends up killing himself.

lol, probably. My low self esteem is already kicking in, and I'm already pressing "no" on chicks I know are just way out of my league. Any super-fit chicks that talk about how the gym is their life-- left. Any chicks that have pictures showing they have exciting lives, like going to the mountains or skydiving or whatever-- left. Chicks that have white-collar rather than service-sector jobs-- left. Like, there's no way I could even ever talk to them, me being a grocery store worker who's never even been out of his city, doesn't have a social life, and is soon to be living with his parents again.

>>17247197
Yeah, I can talk to girls in real life, just not romantically. If it's just a platonic thing, like how I'd talk to any person regardless of chromosomes, that's fine (there are some dudes that just can't talk to girls in any context whatsoever because they are just a different species I guess).

But when it comes to flirting or expressing interest, that's a mystery to me. I don't even understand how that happens. Like, how could one possibly express interest without being creepy?
>>
File: IMG_3728.png (137 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3728.png
137 KB, 750x1334
>>17247246
Dude just do what i did and talk about the most taboo shit out there. And if your realy such an ugly dude, and are so annoyed that ppl will ignore you for your looks no matter your personality, give the lower tier girls a shot. You might be surprised.
>>
In my opinion it is more than likely just going to lead to you living out your desires in talking to girls confidently by using this other persona and not really help you in your real life..
I guess it is going to depend on how far you take the lie and what you actually expect to achieve, but I would suggest you don't try and take the lie too far and spend hours talking to girls using these fake profiles because if you start to get feelings for someone or she starts liking you it is going to end really badly.
>>
>>17247313
I'll try not to take it too far, only send a few messages before I cook up some excuse to stop chatting (can't meet b/c I'm leaving town for a long trip, I dunno)

Also, I'm new to the app... any reason why the same people come up more than once? Only had it for a night so far.
>>
File: 1465582602516.jpg (383 KB, 2048x1892) Image search: [Google]
1465582602516.jpg
383 KB, 2048x1892
>>17247246
>One thing that is depressing me is all the fat girls. Like, I feel really bad for them, knowing that probably very few people ever like them.
Are we talking chubby or fat fat
>>
Yes, practicing talking to women will help, but the way you went about it is immoral. You should use your photo.
>>
>>17248076
>DASS IMMORAL
>>
Kind of thinking this won't work anyway, because it's probably very obvious I'm a fake, since I have only the one photo and no description.

Plus the guy isn't even smiling in the photo. It's like, maybe he could be cute if he didn't have a serial killer expression. I don't know how to gauge it, but the people who replied to his photo on /soc/ said he was cute, so I believed them.

>>17248076
Is it really, like, morally bad? I mean, it's not like I'm making these women fall in love with me or trying to extract personal info or setting up dates. It'll just be to shoot the shit with them and have friendly and flirty convos. I don't see any harm that could come to them.

I'm not, like, being like that guy who said
>>17247189
>It is great for both getting to know them and influencing them on multiple levels

Tinder isn't some Machiavellian scheme for me.

>>17247817
Fat. Nobody minds a thicc woman. Just fat, though...
>>
Okay, I just found somebody on /soc/ who has three pictures up. I'll probably use them and start again. And add a semi-believable profile summary.
>>
Even with a more attractive guy's picture, I've only gotten four matches. One of them is a bot, and the others have yet to respond.
>>
Oh wow, I got my first reply now.
>>
I'm so excited to see you on the next season of Catfish. Can you give /adv/ a shoutout so we know it's you?
>>
>>17247197
This is wrong. The reason OP isn't confident is because he considers himself an ugly virgin. It's easy to talk to girls over text, especially under a fake pic they'll be saying "you're so hot OP" to. This won't help him at all when he starts talking to them under his real profile. In fact it might make him feel even worse if he gets used to positive attention and relying on good looks and then suddenly loses all that and is reminded he's ugly and a virgin.
>>
>>17248260
It's morally bad to be on Tinder in the first place. Bitches be getting free pizza on there. You do you OP. Don't worry about it so much.
>>
I don't know Tinder etiquette. Is the messaging thing supposed to be, like, instant messaging, or more like emails, with long pauses between messages?

Do you do the thing where you take a while to reply so you look busy and not desperate, or do you just reply right away?
>>
>>17250415
If you're over analysing something so stupid you're already doomed. Answer when she texts you right away, unless you're actually busy doing something. Simple.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.