[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Temping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: bae.gif (25 KB, 164x200) Image search: [Google]
bae.gif
25 KB, 164x200
So I just graduated a few hours ago with a math degree. I studied a lot of insurance to be an actuary until I realized that I was losing me soul. That happened over the course of my sophomore and junior years. So, now I have no direction and no experience. I'm applying for a position at a company where I know people and I have a good shot at that.

BUT in the even that it falls through I'm screwed. So since I don't know what I want to do, how bad is temping as a college grad with no experience. I'm willing to work hard and would rather head somewhere than nowhere.
>>
If you have a degree, it is the easiest shit in the world to get a job. It always helps to know someone, but you can still manage to get work without it. Just don't expect to make good money until you have several years on your resume. At nearly every company out there, age/experience = pay grade.
>>
>>17247115
But I do not know what I want to do. I know I don't want to work with insurance though, that's about it. I'm also not naive enough to think i can get $+100k because hur dur stem.

Have you temped before or anything like that?
>>
Bump before bed
>>
>>17247126
Honestly, no. I worked a lot of jobs without my degree like pizza, laser tag, and cashier, but I've only had my one job I hate that I moved across the country for since graduating. I did apply for other stuff though, and found I could get jobs with less time, better coworkers, less time, etc pretty easily. I can't think of good advice to give since I'm the guy that took the job he hates, but I will say this: work and money are definitely not the most important things in life. They are a means to an end, and nothing more. Settling for misery in the present is not guaranteed to bring you happiness in the future.
>>
>>17247104
you become a quant instead! quantstart.com
>>
>>17247198
How'd you manage to get a job so far away? I would love to move far away for a job (hate my hometown andbhave family issues) but I have no idea how.
>>
I landed an interview!

IT'S HAPPENING BOYS
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.