[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I USE MY PHONE TOO MUCH I literally spend late nights just staring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (144 KB, 319x600) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
144 KB, 319x600
I USE MY PHONE TOO MUCH

I literally spend late nights just staring at my phone, going on youtube, netflix, games, 4chan, listening to music, etc

It fucked my sleep schedule and now My sleep consists of two four-hour naps

The thing is I have no social life, so when I'm not on my phone I'm literally doing nothing and am bored with myself

I think my phone obsession is a cause of my lack of social ability as well as other physical and mental problems

What can I do?

Thanks for reading
>>
have you tried suduko? socially
>>
Fuck you shit
>>
You should start getting motivation or visit an interest board and find something productive to do. Like cooking or working out or drawing or collecting shit I don't know. Find some kind of productive interest and you'll have a better time. Reading books is a good start also.

If it's really bad, put some limitations on your phone or get rid of it. Downgrade to one of those lesser flip-phones so you don't have much to do on it.
>>
Sad
>>
Turn off wifi/internet connection on your phone when you head to bed. A phone is pretty boring without a net connection.

Or put your phone on the other side of the room
>>
literally just put your phone down.
>>
>>17246886
It's not that simple..
>>
I have no life...
>>
I HAVE NO LIFE
>>
Get gf
>>
Just put your phone down. Phase yourself out of phone usage. Maybe start by listening to music, or the radio, or podcasts. Just ween yourself from the sight of your cell phone.

From there, ween yourself from that. Fall asleep when you feel tired.

At some point, you'll be back on a normal sleep schedule and you'll have broken the habit.
>>
Fml
>>
Cunt
>>
This picture seems relevant. Sorry.. I couldn't help it.

can't really give any advice because, well, I use my computer in the same way you use your phone haha
>>
Get hobbies. It will improve your overall happiness, and might help with your social issues.

To deal with your overuse of your phone put it down and away from you while in bed. I know you'll say "it's harder than you think", well if you want to get better then you need to just do it. No one will stand over you and slap your phone out of your hand all night. Bored? Can't sleep? Read a book. At least then your doing something positive, and reading in bed usually helps people fall asleep.
>>
>>17246524
Replace it with something else. Trying to deny yourself won't work. When I quit Reddit, I started using 4chan. When I quit smoking, I started drinking more. Try to take the initiative of picking something positive you want to do, like reading books, drawing art, or whatever. Make a plan of how often you're going to do it, for how long in each sitting, and all that. For example, making a big list of books to read before you start doing it. Then, replace your current behavior with that thing and see if you can make it 3 weeks. If you make it that long, it will be way way easier to continue.
>>
I'd sell the phone and buy a flip phone, or give your phone to someone close to you and tell them to only give it to you if it rings etc. I had problems with staying up on my iPad, I ended up giving it to my parents.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.