[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
life falling apart/ confused idk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
disclaimer: this is my first time on 4chan so i dont know how everything works exactly, just trying to maybe vent a little and get feedback.

im 16, white, and i feel like my life is pretty shitty. yeah i know others have it worse probably but to each their own. Here goes, ever since i was really young my parents have always had problems. they got married at a young age and i was born when they were in their early 20's and my brother around 4 years later. they never finished school and we have always lived in 2 bedroom apartments. money has always been an issue but we manage to pull through. i know my father had problems of his own when he was younger and because of it he's somewhat messed up in the head, psychological problems. he was abandoned by his parents and some other things, i dont know exactly. Parents always argue and sometimes get pretty violent, physical violence. they always get separated for a while but then they get back together, I'll never understand why but maybe money issues or something. police have showed up where i live multiple times. I'm getting tired or living like this, I can't have a normal life or go out with friends out of fear that something might happen while I'm away. I've lived like this practically all my life and my brother all his life for sure. my younger brother is practically a shut in that plays video games all day and has no respect for anyone always screaming and yelling to get what he wants. its gotten pretty bad in recent years and its really affecting me. my grades are slowly dropping and i feel depressed all the time. some of my friends notice and always ask if im okay and i always brush it off as just being tired or stayed up too late or something like that. problems have really been escalating recently and we might get kicked out from where we live from neighbors calling police over loud arguments. i really need to do something before i explode or go crazy. idk if i should drop out and find a job or kms, confused advi?
>>
First off: 18+ website.

Now for my advice: You have your whole life ahead of you and TRUST me these are the most pivotal years of your life, from now till you hit you early 20's. DO NOT LET ANYTHING GET IN THE WAY OF YOU GETTING A GOOD LIFE FOR YOURSELF.

Study, make good choices and work hard.

I had a similar childhood (I'm 23, btw), although in my case it seems it was not as aggressive. In your scenario I was your younger brother, and my big bro was the one handling most issues. In my case, things worked themselves out as they grew older and mellower and now even though they still have their differences they rarely get into big fights and it never passes from the verbal. It will also help that as time passes you and your brother will physically overpower your parents so you two should serve as a deterrent to actual fights pretty soon. Sooner than you may think.

Just try to hang in there four a couple more years as your body matures and your parents' deteriorate. If, in the end, they don't end up mellowing out just be an adult and deal with the situation with the police.

Again, you have your whole life ahead of you and you need to make good decisions starting now, don't let your parents' problems sabotage your life.
>>
>>17245419
Well your supposed to be 18 to post on this site
>>
>>17245457
Thank you, I'm sorry yeah I shouldn't be posting on this site but I don't know who to turn to honestly. I'll take your words to heart and be as positive as possible and try to live out my life. Thank you again, I hate to sound needy or asking for attention but really thank you
>>
>>17245457
Thank you, I'm sorry yeah I shouldn't be posting on this site but I don't know who to turn to honestly. I'll take your words to heart and be as positive as possible and try to live out my life. Thank you again, I hate to sound needy or asking for attention but really thank you
>>
>>17245419
MODS MODS MODS
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.