[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, can a 22 year old sue his/her father for unpaid child
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1404877532952.jpg (30 KB, 375x421) Image search: [Google]
1404877532952.jpg
30 KB, 375x421
Hey /adv/, can a 22 year old sue his/her father for unpaid child support while living independently? He divorced my mom when i was 6 and started a new family that he also could not support financially and is living with my grandma (he's 50.) He's made very little effort to raise me and has a pattern for unreliability; even confessing over the phone numerous times that I'm owed a lot of child support. I'm barely getting by in life while living on my own and aimed to be a full-time student, but my mom is unstable to live with and has abusive tendencies. Am I eligible for compensation?
>>
You're a disgusting person.
>>
>>17245403
debatable and irreverent.
>>
That money is for your mother, not you.

So no.
>>
>>17245395
I think you are. Ask a lawyer
>>
>>17245408
The premise of child support is for their children's needs, not for the parent's personal use
>>
>>17245406
It's relevant because you still have time to reconsider whether you want to do something so deplorable to your own family.
>>
>>17245416
And OP isn't a child anymore and hasn't been for years. OP is obviously not dead either so they never even needed the child support.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.