[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suggest some good forums to join
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: shitty internet forum.jpg (125 KB, 600x441) Image search: [Google]
shitty internet forum.jpg
125 KB, 600x441
I've been pretty sick of 4chan lately, and have been wanting to start expanding my horizons by joining other forums. The problem is that all of the others that I'm aware of (Reddit, Neogaf, Something Awful) are insanely bad and I want little to do with them. I haven't been looking very hard as I'm sure whatever Google spits out will also be really bad

My criteria for a good forum is pretty specific, so I don't expect it to meet them all. I'm just gonna list them off:

>about or related to video games
>no radical politics running rampant (left or right)
>lots of creative types
>funny people that don't take shit too seriously (even if it's only a few of them)
>memes are generally looked down upon (inside jokes are ok)
>they do shit together (contests, stupid little events, etc.)

Some of these are pretty subjective and badly-defined, but I'm open to whatever you think fits the bill.
>>
File: a1e.png (258 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
a1e.png
258 KB, 600x439
>>
Make one. Otherwise you're fucked
>>
>>17245029
gamefaqs is pretty much what you described.
>>
there's this forum I found that is free to join and available to anyone but strangely not really considered an option by some people. some of it is home to great communities with lots of people to talk or meet that share hobbies and interests.

it's called outside, check it out,
>>
>>17245053
Really? From what I remember, the average GameFAQs post has awful spelling and grammar. I'm not really fussed about it, but I figured it spoke for the quality of conversation there as a whole. I'll check it out

>>17245051
I would do that if I could somehow attract the types of people I'm looking for. Even if I did, I doubt they'd want to spend time bringing a dead forum to life, so it would be a shithole ghost town right out of the gate.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.