[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have reached a point in my life where I have to choose between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tfw.gif (2 MB, 250x144) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
2 MB, 250x144
I have reached a point in my life where I have to choose between a rich life and an enjoyable life. It's a choice between pursuing law (very profitable) and pursuing a field you guys would call McJob-tier but I find very fun and actually makes money in this country. Not as profitable as law by far, but that's the sacrifice I'd have to make.

All my life I've lived with people complaining about not having enough money, and it drilled a desire into me to not become like that. I don't want permanent budget issues for the rest of my life. However, I don't want permanent suicidal thoughts on the job for the rest of my life either.

Money or enjoyability? What is better in life?
>>
Go into law, just for a year or so, then see how you feel.
>>
>>17244643
Go for the law. This is America, a rich life is an enjoyable life. Whatever your other choice is just do it for a hobby.
>>
>>17244643
Don't talk about law like it's easy to get into. What's your GPA? Unless you're going to HYS or are graduating summa cum laude from a T10, you're going to be unemployed.
>>
>>17244643

If you can make a decent/livable wage for the lifestyle you want doing something you love why would you not do that?
>>
>>17244643
do what you wanna do. if you are not planning to have children money is not an issue. if you want children just learn to manage your money. dont study something you dont like. but, who knows maybe you like law too?
>>
>>17244643

If you hate the idea of practicing law so much you'd have "permanent suicidal thoughts," do the other job. Fuck what other people think. It might not make you AS much money, but if you make enough to provide for yourself, do that. You only live once
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.