[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asexual issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (1 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1242x2208
One of my good friends keeps pressuring me to have a relationship with him and since I'm asexual and he isn't, his proposition is for us to have sex only "once a month" and he will have sex with other people occasionally to fulfill the rest of his needs since we won't have constant sex.....NO. I don't want any kind of sex with anybody, I've tried it and it just does not work. Why do people NOT get it? Are people just selfish? Do they only think of their own pleasures?

He's a good friend, by the way, besides all the delusional sex-pressuring. I've told him countless times, dude, I am asexual.
>>
>>17244316
He is not your friend. He wants to have sex with you. Good friends don't have romantic feelings for you, and usually they don't want to have a relationship with you, or want to fuck you once a month.
Stop talking to him.
>>
>>17244319
Agreed.

Run, OP.
>>
>>17244316
Doesn't sound like a friend to me
>>
>>17244316
A good friend? What? OP, he's not respecting your boundaries at all. He's HARASSING you. Stop giving this douchelord the time of day.
>>
>>17244319
>>17244323
>>17244326

Thanks for the responses. In all honesty, it's a guy who had liked me for years. I just don't have sexual interest in other people.

Sometimes he will ignore me for months only to hang out with me again....and then the sex pressuring starts a couple weeks after hanging out.... Then he will ignore me again... It's a cycle.

When we do hang out, we always have fun and we share the same sense of humor. He's also helped me out once when I didn't have a place to stay for a couple of nights.

But for some reason I keep thinking he's selfish for continuing to pressure me when nothing is going to happen.
>>
>>17244332
would you be okay in a relationship where your bf is emotionally exclusive to you but fucks others girls on the side? that guy in your op sounds like a douche btw
>>
>>17244316
>>17244319
>Good friends don't have romantic feelings for you

This isn't necessarily true- I think it's pretty common for friends to develop feelings if the other friend identifies as the gender they're attracted to-
BUT, if this "friend" doesn't respect your feelings and keeps pressuring you to do this, even though he knows it makes you uncomfortable, that's not shit a friend would do.

Tell him to fuck off. Don't mince words.

Chances are this is the same kinda guy that'd force you into even more uncomfortable situations as time went on and he thought he had you worn down.

Most likely you don't want, need, or deserve that.
>>
>>17244332
Old anon here. OP, he's trying to fuck you. If he's out playing punch monkey with other people and just wants to do you once a month while he gets his rocks off elsewhere, that's classic selfish and slight sociopathic tendancies.

Your answer needs to be no every time. Or you need to cosnider limiting his presence in your life. Selfish people do nice things for selfish reasons mostly. Don't get too wrapped up with him
>>
>>17244351
I understand he's trying to fuck me. He makes it obvious by saying "we should have sex at least once a month".....so it's pretty damn clear.

But he's also delusional in other areas. He keeps saying "I'm gonna be rich one day" but does absolutely nothing besides working a minimum wage job and no motivation to work harder. So I guess he's a bit dumb, and I could just be confusing him as selfish. Or he could be both dumb and selfish.
>>
>>17244365
Anon, what kind of advice do you want here? Do you feel sorry for him? Just stop talking to him, already. You can find better friends than that, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>17244370
The truth is I don't have many friends and he's one of the few ones I have.
>>
>>17244346
>I think it's pretty common for friends to develop feelings if the other friend identifies as the gender they're attracted to-
Which is why, in my opinion, opposite gender friendships rarely work: when one of them has feelings for the other, things become unbalanced, embarrassing and painful. Being "friends" means something more than "casually talking and hanging out when we don't have anything better to do", to me.

I am a girl and I have two male friends. One is way too similar to me, we don't balance each other well - when we're both stressed we can't stand each other. We both become extremely introverted, easy to annoy and overly tedious and arrogant. Other one is very emotionally immature, he doesn't know how to talk about his emotions and lives "for the moment". I personally can't stand that kind of attitude. I would never date them, even if they're both attractive.
But I'm old enough to know what I want in a partner and I am not the kind of person that dates someone for lack of better options. So I have it easier when it came to having friends of the opposite gender.
>>
>OP is asexual
>/adv/ is more accepting and nicer about it than /lgbt/ which has an acual acegen

I'd say I'm surprised but honestly /lgbt/ is a shithole board.

I got nothing against asexuality btw. Sorry for the momentary derailment but I just thought that's worth pointing out.

But yeah, OP, your friend sounds very selfish and emotionally abusive. It'd be best to end that friendship immediately and ensure your own safety. Since knowing people like thay, he most likely will get confrontational or even violent.

Make sure you have another male friend around (or a female who owns a gun or tazer) you can trust when you end things. Also make sure it's in public as well just in case.

After that, either have someone you can be around very often or set up a check-in system with someone you trust. It may be a while before he gives up. If he ever does, in which case, legal action should be taken.

Stay safe, OP.
>>
>>17244383
Except you don't have it easier when it comes to having friends of the opposite gender when the only two opposite gender friends you have aren't based off genuinely great friendships, hence the issues you have with them already just as friends, and not romantic prospects...
>>
>>17244383
I'd agree that for a lot of people it probably doesn't work. I think if you're dealing with relatively mature and level headed people it's usually pretty okay though, I have a lot of female friends because I'm what /b/ would call "beta as fuck" or, I don't try to fuck everything that moves.

In OP's case though, I guess you just have to keep firmly telling him "No." If he ever gives you the impression that he might hurt you or force himself upon you or something, cut contact.
>>
>>17244390
He's not harassing me to that extent. But thanks.
>>
>>17244391
>the only two opposite gender friends you have aren't based off genuinely great friendships
All relationships between human beings have some sort of incompatibility, especially if they are deep and meaningful. If you think that you can only get close to people that have ZERO things that bother you, you live in disney movies.
I really don't have issues with my male friends. We literally never argued, we have a strong bond, we share tons of interests, same sense of humour, they both know a lot of things about me and we supported each other through a lot of shit. I can tell how they're feeling by a text.
With the first one, I just avoid talking to him if we're both nervous. Which happened maybe 5 times since we met. With the second one, it is not even something that concerns me: I wouldn't date someone who dates a lot of people casually, who fucks around, who doesn't care about the future, etc. But this doesn't mean I don't have an high opinion of him as a person and I don't enjoy the kind of relationship with him.
>>
>I am asexual.

You aren't.
>>
>>17244457
I didn't believe asexuals exists until my best friend told me she never enjoyed sex and each person she dated ended up dumping her because she didn't want to have sex at all, and only did it to keep the relationship going and not be lonely...
>>
>>17244457
Asexuals don't have sexual attraction towards other people, male or female, but some asexuals actually madturbate- they just don't think of people when they masturbate. It's like scratching an itch or throwing up when sick, for them.
>>
>>17244480
>>17244473

Having no sexual drive is not normal, it is not an orientation. It is an illness resulting from fucked up hormones or mental/physical trauma.

Sexual urges are base instincts, if you don't have them something is seriously wrong with you.
>>
>>17244490
Asexuals that masturbate have a sex drive. They masturbate.

Asexuals that don't masturbate also exist.

They just don't have sexual interest in people.

Not sure why you responded to a comment you didn't read.
>>
>>17244457
>>17244490
Can there be at least one post with an asexual OP without assholes like you coming in trying to start shit for no reason? OP's sexual orientation isn't even the main point of the thread. An important detail, sure, but not the problem. You're just looking to cause issues where there are none. So fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>17244316
You're not asexual. You're pathetic.
>>
>>17244390
I was pleasantly surprised by this too. Then, someone just had to fuck it up.
>>
>>17244631
Of course. Some people have nothing better to do with their lives than going around and telling others who they should and shouldn't be attracted to. Even if their target isn't attracted to anyone at all. It's pathetic actually.
>>
>>17244592
Unless OP can split into two, OP is not asexual.

OP's problem is simple: drop friend.

Also to go seek medical advice and/or therapy for your "apparent" lack of sexuality.
>>
>>17244332

He's a fucking creep, ditch him.

This isn't about you being asexual. If you don't want to fuck him, you don't want to fuck him. If he was doing this to a non-asexual girl, would you think it was okay? For him to try and find loopholes where he gets to fuck her despite her completel lack of attraction to him? Fuck no, that's creepy as shit and he needs to fuck off and die. Why the fuck are you putting up with this? It's insanity.
>>
>>17244365
That's actually a sociopathic/narcissistic tendency.
I'd get far away from this guy. Give him an inch and he'll take a yard.

>>17244376
He's not your friend.
>>
>>17244665
>Unless OP can split into two, OP is not asexual.
>hur hur clearly you must be referring to asexual reproduction guffaw guffaw

I bet you respond to "that's so gay" with "hm, quite, this disappointing abstract concept to which you are referring is indeed of the homosecksual persuasion, dohoho."
>>
>>17244332

>But for some reason I keep thinking he's selfish for continuing to pressure me when nothing is going to happen.

He is. He doesn't really care what you want. He's just hoping that he'll catch you at a weak-willed moment, or he'll say some magic combination of words that grants him access to your pussy. He knows you don't actually want him, he knows you won't actually enjoy it. He just keeps trying to wear down your resistance so he can have what HE wants. Does that sound like a good friend?
>>
Asexuality must be one of the dumbest "sexualities" I've heard of. One that denies a core experience AND one that is of no consequence since they don't fuck anyone. Do you "fuckers" add yourselves to LGBT groups, you attention-seeking fucks?
>>
>>17244719

This is a type of bitterness I don't even understand

Are you hoping that OP is gonna track you down and fuck you? Why the hell do you care if she has sex or not?
>>
>>17244719

Such anger. You wanna talk about it, buddy? Maybe no one ever put your drawings up on the fridge when you were little?
Listen, champ, just because I give OP a little bit of attention sometimes, doesn't mean I love you any less. There's more than enough to go around. If you want me to pay extra attention to you, all you've gotta do is ask! Maybe we can play catch together some afternoons, would you like that?
>>
>>17244316
asexuality is not a naturally occurring trait in species that rely on sexual reproduction. what you are experiencing is a symptom of a larger physiological or psychological issue. i suggest seeking the attention of the appropriate medical professionals.
>>
>>17244844
>asexuality is not a naturally occurring trait in species that rely on sexual reproduction
Really? Enough individual animals of various species have been tracked and have unfailingly been observed fucking each other to determine that not one exists that doesn't want to fuck anything?
>>
>>17244866
>>17244844

(I was actually kinda curious so I hit google. Found a study on the sexual orientation of rams, which found a reasonable percentage of asexuality. But it has so many fucking words and numbers and graphs and suddenly I realised I really don't care. But here it is in case any giant nerds are interested: http://www.biolreprod.org/content/67/1/263.full
But if anyone actually reads it, I'm afraid I'm going to be forced to meet you behind the gym at 3 to kick your butt).
>>
>>17244906
>rams are more sexual when anesthized
The future of human sexuality is xenon induced sex/masturbation.
>>
>>17244844
It's odd that 4chan buys into this shit. It's odd that 4chan clearly has a soft spot for mtf trannies.

A pair of oddly specific tolerances.
>>
>>17245243

>they don't like women who won't fuck them
>they do like men who will transform themselves into women and fuck them

It makes perfect sense.
>>
>>17244316
>He's a good friend, by the way, besides all the delusional sex-pressuring.
Doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. Cut him off before he does something drastic.
>>
>>17245272
Alright maybe it does make sense.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.