[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there ever any real reason not to commit suicide? The world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 540x540
Is there ever any real reason not to commit suicide?

The world is just an endless parade of pointless inconveniences forever. Why not skip to the end?
>>
File: cat_space.jpg (3 MB, 2400x2997) Image search: [Google]
cat_space.jpg
3 MB, 2400x2997
Because basically this will 'probably' only a feeling you have for a small portion of your life.
I constantly thought about killing myself and I didn't. Now life is alright, and I'm a musician. I'm not going to tell you life is splendid. Because from time to time it's not. But you'll never experience the good parts if you quit.
Good luck Anon, keep strong.

Also here's a cat for you!
>>
>>17243953
Life has always been an endless series of pointless inconveniences. It always will be.

I will have to work for the rest of my life. I'll have to deal with haircuts, relationships, bird shit on my car, taxes and chores and chores and chores forever. I can't picture any realistic scenario where I wouldn't.

Even if I happened to marry some gay filthy rich sugar daddy with an ugly fetish, who was capable of taking care of all the other problems for me, I would still have to tolerate him and his bullshit.

Life has no good parts. Sure, it's usually more of broken windscreens and running our of cigarettes than plagues and genocide, but dog shit still tastes bad with no cyanide.
>>
>>17243978
Yeah that's life alright, and if you start seeing those things as more than just pointless chores it will be alright. May I ask how old you are? Because this obviously is pretty important.
>>
>>17243998
I'm 22. I didn't go to college and I'm not interested in anything, getting educated to a job that'd be fun is not an option. It's just a long way down from here.
>>
>>17243945
life is like any game, it gets harder as you go and that's actually a good thing, because whether you want to admit or not a game that's too easy is boring.

don't kill yourself, please
>>
>>17244023
Why the hell not? There is literally absolutely no purpose for this. I'm not upset or in pain, I just don't see why I should bother.
>>
>>17244006
It is only a long way down if you want it to be. I might sound a tad bit dreamy, but without shit in your life. There could be no fun. College is overrated, so is having a well paid job. Now happiness on the otherhand is underrated. E.G. I'd rather be a happy garbage truck driver, than an unhappy millionaire. Trust me mate, life can be good. Where do you live if I may ask?
>>
>>17244028
Well because obviously something is keeping you here. If you really wanted to off yourself, you'd have done it without asking us first.
>>
>>17243945
Nah, nothing really matters.

But you might as well use your life to do cool shit. Most suicidal people just sit around in the same place and do the same shit over and over again, expecting things to get better on their own.

If non of the things and actions that you have tried for so long brought you happiness, then the only reasonable response is to leave everything behind and try something completely new in a completely new environment. The world is a big place and you have seen maybe 0.1% of it.

Move to a new city, try a job you have never tried before. Try some reckless sports and activities. Take some risks. Do the things you always wanted to do, but you were too afraid to do them. What's the worst thing that could happen? You could die?
>>
>>17244028
i can't give you a reason to live, not even your own mother can give you that. just know that everyone thinks about this shit, and deals with this shit, and it's part of what makes us human. I'm not religious but life itself is literally a miracle, that any of us are here on this weird fucking rock floating through space, and as far as we know you only get one shot at it. it's sort of like winning the lottery of the universe and throwing away the winning ticket when you commit suicide
>>
>>17244029
Well, I'm an unhappy warehouse worker. There is no fun, and I don't pretend money would make it that way, either.

If there can be no happiness without shit, why can shit exist without happiness?

I live in eastern europe, and I have no intention of ever moving away. I hate the feeling of being a foreigner.

>>17244033
Mom has said she'll give up on life if I do it, just like grandma did when my aunt offed herself. She's the only one looking after my sister, and I don't know where she would end up once mom's no longer there to provide for her. But the whole pointlessness of everything is starting to outweight that.

>>17244037
I'm bound to a specific area for an indefinite while, and won't be able to do anything that'd put my sanity in question out of fear of prolonging the situation. If they decide I'm suicidal, they'll only add to my sentence.
>>
>>17244051
Dude, from bro to bro.
Don't do it man. If you really feel like there's no other way I can't stop you.
All I have to say is, clearly where you are now in life isn't making you very happy. So get away from that place. It worked for me, and countless of other people.
Thinking it won't work for you is stupid, because that would mean you consider yourself a special snowflake who's different. And you're not. We are all humans who have our shit and our suicidal tendencies.
>>
>>17244040
What's the point of a lottery with no prize?

There is no reward to life. There's just mondays and bills and alarms at 6 am. And moving away to some cool fun exotic place to live with some other shit job in a different sort of squalor - even if you really could - wouldn't actually change anything. I'm sure they have mondays in India.

That way you'll just get trapped in that lifestyle, moving from random place to random place to try and escape the ennui, wasting whatever savings you've had and losing all your chances to ever settle down to a normal life again.
>>
>>17244064
That's where you're wrong dipshit. Life in a different country is actually different.
I was suicidal and depressed in the Netherlands, a country people actually want to move... for money.
I moved to Portugal to get away from the drag you're talking about and it worked. Now I chill out at a beachbar. Still work, but not even close to what it's like in the Netherlands.
>>
>>17244064
There is no big reward, but there are a lot of small prizes.

For me, life is worth it when I read a book I like, I visit a beautiful place, I cook some really tasty or I spend time with someone I love.
You just haven't found what makes it worth it for you.
>>
>>17244063
Where am I supposed to go? I don't have an education, who would hire me? Where would I live without a job?

It took months for the mental clinic to schedule four appointments to me for this summer. If I move, they'll have to do it all over again and cost months and months again in my life, again postponing my release from them.
>>
>>17244069
I am dependent on the health care I receive here. I don't have the resources to start that fight all over again in a different country.

What countries even HAVE free health care for freeloading immigrants?

>>17244070
Like what? I've done all of those things, and they don't make the 80-year drag worth it.
>>
>>17244071
Go wherever you want man. You can literally drop all and hit the road. It's better than killing yourself. Because then at least you tried. Imo if you don't even try, you don't want to be saved.
>>
>>17244079
I need to get something fixed first. It is taking months and years, and being impatient will make it more difficult.

I genuinely cannot leave.
>>
>>17244064
nigga you being here is the prize, the prize is not being a crusty stain on the inside of a tube sock. I'm just curious at this point what your ideal life would be. born a multi millionaire? born with the gorgeous looks of johnny depp? because guess what, even johnny depp is going through a hard time right now, but he's not going to kill himself because he knows so many people have it way worse than he does. you having an internet connection and food in your belly means you have no right to bitch]

grind nigga, grind until you get what you want
>>
>>17244117
He beat his fucking wife, of course people have it worse than he does.

I want to be free of the weight of living, without causing distress to my family. Having been a sock crust would have been ideal.
>>
>>17244126
>without causing distress to my family
>committing suicide

doesn't seem to workout
>>
>>17244132
Why do you think I haven't done it?
>>
>>17243945
>the end

Reincarnation is a bitch.
>>
Killing yourself doesn't end the pain it just passes it to someone else , sounds like your suffering with depression and maybe anxiety , exercise if u can , eat and sleep right , keep your mind occupied
>>
>>17244136
well fuck then like i originally said no one else can give you a reason to live
>>
The way you feel now won't last forever , it will help if you play the game of life rather than let it play you , life is bitter sweet , it's unfair and nature is cruel , expect nothing accept everything , it will be ok dude seriously
>>
>>17243945
>Why not skip to the end?

I would have but I got debts and responsibilities.
>>
File: 1456472268464.jpg (157 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1456472268464.jpg
157 KB, 600x800
>>17243945
Considering death is inevitable and there's no guarantee of an afterlife or reincarnation, why not take a shot at adapting instead of wallowing in the idea of inconvenience? Everything sounds worse than it is when you dwell on it, that's how irrational fears and mental walls that stop you from trying things are born.
>>
>>17243945
Because death is inevitable. You will die anyway so why make it faster?

Things might improve for you but if you an hero today you will never find out.
>>
>>17244300
>Things might improve for you but if you an hero today you will never find out.

That in itself is a good point to kill yourself.

You can die with "unfulfilled" potential that you never going to live up to.

Sorta semi-related is that when you die in your 20s you are considered a young person.
>>
>>17243945

You wont. We evolved to specifically avoid that. Ever tried drowning yourself of gassing yourself in you car? Unless you legit tie your hands down and make sure even if you changed your mind you couldn't, your instinct would be to save yourself.

Now I'm not a worldly man, but your issues isn't about the trivialities of everyday life or the ultimate pointlessness, but it's your perspective on life. Now no one but you can control how you think, but you can change how you think by being around different people. Propinquity changes your perspective, maybe not by much but every little bit you do adds up.

By complaining that there's no point in even trying you're being a defeatist faggot. You're not wrong that there's no ultimate universal goal, but your approach to life is. It's BECAUSE there's ultimately no point that you should pursue a more hedonistic lifestyle.

Fuck, is money an issue into getting what you want? Find a way to get some.

Is education an issue? Fucking get some. Literally an apprenticeship or a degree will suffice.

Don't know what to do with your life? write a list of shit to do and throw a dart & see where it hits or something man I dunno.

My advice: read greek philosophy. Specifically the Enchiridion. You get 51 maxims that cover the foundation of stoicism and how to cope with hardship, though not all of it is relevant to this age. You'll have to some gap-filling on your own.
>>
>>17243945
Because some of us are actually having a good time. Stop being sixteen and you'll understand.

PS: if you do kill yourself do it on cam and provide links.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.