[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need all of your advice about moving out at 19 while going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (30 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
30 KB, 1280x720
I need all of your advice about moving out at 19 while going to college

here's my situation:
>lived with mom and sister alone until 16
>moved in with shitty step dad, clear from get-go we would not get along
>he literally wants me to move out or pay rent at 16
>mother tells him how insane that is, he says i have to be out of his house before my 18th birthday (which is a few days before finals week of my senior year of high school.. yeah he's a swell guy lmao)
>We got in a big fight after i turned 18 because i was just starting community college and didn't have enough saved up to move out anywhere, he tells me i can stay but only if i pay him $400 a month
>nothing happens, never pay, he completely ignores me

anyway, catch up to now, we literally don't talk at all whatsover. i'm a few months over 19, it's june, and he just told me he's going to get me a lawyer signed contract stating i'll pay $400-$500 a month by next june or i get kicked out for real.

luckily by now i have about $10k in work and college scholorship money, and i just started building credit.

so sorry for the blog, i just wanted you guys to know my situation in full. I live in California, so apartments even in the small shitty town i'm from are nearing 1k a month, and i make about 800 or so part-time. i don't really know the slightest thing about moving out on my own, so i was hoping you guys could give me any info possible. No way in hell i'm paying him $500 a month to be constantly policed around the house (i can't even bring food into my room), so i need to be out of here before june. I should be done with CC by then, but i might be a few credits behind.

wat do?
>>
>>17243445
Find a cheap extended stay hotel. Sublease on CL. Sleep in car. Stay in men's shelter.
>>
>>17243550
sounds really shitty. i have a year to prepare, there's not any better i can do? i make roughly 700 a month at my job. only problem is i have no friends left in this town to share an apartment with, nor do i know how to get info about them.
>>
>>17243445
Make some friends or live in a van. It's really not as bad as it sounds. If you've got the money, get a gym membership. Some go as low as $10-$20 a month, and it's an easy way to get a shower. And by "live in a van" I mostly mean "sleep in a van," you should be spending your free time at libraries and shit, they have AC and free books/computers.
>>
Over here in New Zealand we usually flat when we're young/studying. I live in a 300 sqm house with 5 others. It costs $120 nzd each for food, power, Internet and rent per week.is awesome and we each cook one night a week and have a cleaning roster. If I lived alone it would cost $200- $250 a week just for rent for a shit house and I would have to cook and clean more.
>>
>>17243752
i was planning on this, but all of my friends are moving to Los Angeles at the end of the summer but i still have a year of community college left and desu i don't like LA much.

is it possible to get lucky with random roommates?
>>
>>17243445
>California
Mate, you need to move to a cheaper state. You're going to be living in your car, otherwise.
>>
>>17243762
Yea I made some good friends doing that. Just find similar people. Like other young people. You'll be allot happier being your own man. Been flatting since I was 17, I'm 22 now.
>>
>>17243762
It's better to have friends but just don't shack up with any ghetto people. Big advice, start searching NOW. It took forever for me and my current roommate to find the right place for us.

p.s. your mom really knows how to pick em.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.