[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bf doesn't text/Skype first ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1465241987291.jpg (28 KB, 251x404) Image search: [Google]
1465241987291.jpg
28 KB, 251x404
Hey /adv/, I'm in a LDR and I'm having some problems. Me and my boyfriend have gone temporarily long distance due to me visiting my family on the other side of the country, and it has been kind of difficult.

I have noticed that I initiate all texts, Skype sessions, and snapchats first and my boyfriend will go silent for forever if I don't initiate contact. He says he loves me/speaks very highly of me to his friends, but the amount of effort he puts in to contact me says otherwise. What does this mean relationship wise? Does he just not give a fuck about me once I'm gone or am I over thinking it?
>>
>>17242949
Whenever you call does he pick up right away?
>>
>>17242965
Not all of the time.we don't call too much, mostly text/Snapchat/Skype. However text wise sometimes I'll message him and he straight up doesn't respond.
>>
File: 1465590353740.jpg (32 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
1465590353740.jpg
32 KB, 1024x569
>>17242981
How long will this visit last?

How often in a day do you contact him?
>>
eh maybe he is gay.
>>
Tell him. If you don't, you're only going to hold it in and become resentful when he doesn't "get the hint". I was in your position from time to time and I could kick myself for not saying anything when I had the chance.

It could mean nothing and just be his personality if he's the kind of person who's naturally oblivious or self-centered. Just talk to him about how you don't think it's fair that you should be the one to always be initiating discussion and see where that takes you.
>>
>>17242998
I've got a month and a half left at my families, but I have planned to visit him in July. We talk every couple of days, I feel like I'm bothering him when I contact him too much. To be fair he started off texting me a fair amount, but it very quickly tapered off.
>>
>>17243011
Your right, I should probably take it up with him. Hopefully that is just how he is, some people aren't huge on texting and things like that. However I don't want him to feel like he HAS to talk to me, then the conversation will be forced.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (10 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
10 KB, 384x384
>>17243020

I suggest you stop initiating contact and wait to see how long it takes for him to actually try to reach you. You can tell him after that you'd like for him to take the initiative more often.
>>
I'm like your BF, I never initiate contact. It doesn't me he doesn't love you or care about you or that he's losing interest necessarily. Some people just aren't outgoing.
>>
>>17243041
Not a bad idea, I'll stop messaging him and see what happens, then bring it up with him. Thanks for the help
>>
>>17243069
I'm hoping this is the case, I'm going to talk to him about it and see what he says.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160611-002126.png (868 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160611-002126.png
868 KB, 1440x2560
Irrelevant reply just wanted to share this picture
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.