[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help with myself and the way I think. I've tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 640x960
I need some help with myself and the way I think. I've tried this before, but people usually just say "grow up" or "you're being a faggot" I know these both to be true but I want advice to help me get over it and methods to train myself to think better.
>have gf of 4 years
>she has always been the most loving person to me
>I still get jealous whenever she is having fun with someone else (her friends)
>It's a controlling feeling projected by my fears of her realizing other people are more fun
>logically this doesn't makes sense because she shares almost all of her life with me, but I have insecurities
>I've tried my hardest and practiced methods to being okay with her having fun without me but I cant ovecome this jealousy of her growing as a person without me
>I don't have many opportunities to work on myself and grow as an individual because of work and finishing up college, on top of other errands and such.

What can I do to help myself understand that I am who she wants forever and the fun she is having is not a deal about I love her more then she loves me. She is very reassuring and always lets me know that she wishes I was the one she is with doing the activities, but I'm fucked up in the head. How can I help myself? Thank you.
>>
>>17242865
You don't go out and have fun with your bros once in a while?
>>
>>17242865
And in addition to this anon above, you don't consider college to be conducive to personal growth? Really investing yourself in learning something new / fine-turning your skills and knowledge contributes massively to growth.
>>
>>17242870
>>17242870
Well my best friends we use to do some crazy shit, illegal, dangerous, etc. I have a lot of responsibility lately, plus I lost my best mate the past year.
>>
>>17242879
This is true, but I picked a bit of a difficult major and it's been more stress then anything, studying with my friends is about the most social time I can manage. But I feel very alone in it all.
>>
Desperate bump, im clueless and feeling pretty shitty.
>>
I guess one more try.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.