[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some legal advice about mental health care, I was kept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1437855647311.jpg (84 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1437855647311.jpg
84 KB, 640x960
I need some legal advice about mental health care, I was kept in two different mental health clinics for almost 2 months against my will. These aren't "mental wards" as such or at least not the type that looks as part of a hospital. In fact I'm pretty sure that they are privately owned, they were nice. But I was there against my will and I asked to leave every day. Here's the thing, they told me over and over again that I was being kept there because they didn't want me to go back to drugs (I was only smoking weed at the time...). So they were keeping me there under false pretence.

When I was reaching the end of the second month they told me that I was actually being kept there because my mother was afraid of me. So for almost two months this private mental health place were lying to me about why they were keeping me there. Isn't that illegal?
>>
If your under 18 then ye your mum can get you in.

If your threating to harm yourself or others then they can be obliged to hold you for 3 days (this may vary dependong on country)
>>
>>17242817
Thanks for the response, I was 20

>tfw kidnapped

What if I was addicted to drugs, could they keep me there? Because that's what they were implying
>>
What are your fucking damages? Did they abuse you there? Pain and suffering?

BS

If the defense attorney can establish ANY sort of drug abuse history aside from Marijuana, at ANY time, you don't have a case, since the mental health facilities can simply say they are protecting you from a deadly physical illness called substance abuse.

Sorry
>>
File: 1446947108621.jpg (152 KB, 634x753) Image search: [Google]
1446947108621.jpg
152 KB, 634x753
>>17242872
Yeah man I was illegally locked up there against my will for 2 months. Fuck me over worse while you're at it. Trust me you don't know how far it set me back. Quiet irretrievably in fact. I very nearly killed myself when I got out, and I totaled my brain on drugs (all the mental problems).

And the fact that I was turning my life around the day I got taken in probably matters to no-one but hey... I mean its just 2 months out of my human rights. I'm sure that never bothered anyone before. Right?
>>
File: 1393991819266.jpg (138 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1393991819266.jpg
138 KB, 500x321
>>17243005
2 months out of your "human rights"?

let me tell you something you entitled little shit, maybe if you weren't a mental case your mother wouldn't have had them lock you up. you didn't lose shit, no harm was done to you, two months is nothing.

grow up kiddo.
>>
>>17243039
>Two months is nothing.
Sir you are a complete and utter fuck-nut. Who are you to tell me anything mate, you're fucking weak. Let me get this right, you're going to tell me those 2 months of my life were a privilege of being a straight white male... Stop typing you actual retard.
>>
>>17243039
>Protection of the law is actually just being entitled
What pathetic little world do you live in mate
>>
>>17243117
>>17243133
you're pretty delusional when not only are you a weed addict but you're calling someone else weak when you were held against your will in a mental facility.
>>
Listen moron
Here's how lawsuits work

One party has to prove damages are done

The other has to refute this.

You are a self-confessed drug addict who is upset because your "human rights were violated"

They are a medical facility who will say they were treating you for a deadly disease you just admitted you had.

You have no case! Bye
>>
>>17242804
Person who has been in multiple mental wards for months here. Also, a successful doctor.

You have ZERO rights if you were taken into a hospital for a mental health reason. I begged and pleeded to be released too, too bad. If you were put in a hospital for any mental health reason, there is nothing you can do to sue or complain against the hospital for your stay.

For example, I tried to kill myself after taking a massive overdose of one of my medications (a very lethal one) and I was rushed to a substance abuse hospital because there was no room for me in any other hospitals. I had to get daily blood tests for drugs and go to AA/Substance A every single day for over a month until I was moved to a ward to a ward for people with mental problems.

There is absolutely NOTHING you can do to fight this. Mentally disabled people are the most discriminated against group in the 1st world. You just have to suck it up and deal with it. If you think YOU are disenfranchised, try having your cunt searched for drugs every day for a month.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.