[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what to do when you have a budding friendship with your best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
what to do when you have a budding friendship with your best friends girlfriend and possibly having feelings towards her?
>>
>>17242590
Stop right fucking now, you dumbass. The saying bros over hoes applies. If they break up, maybe go in for the rebound. Do NOT fuck this up for him.
>>
>>17242597
I know this obviously.I would not try to take her. But I cannot help having feelings for a girl, and they are both good friends of mine now. It feels like a weird situation.
>>
Stop being selfish, you don't even deserve friends.
>>
>>17242608
Then stop talking to her as much. The more feelings you have the more likely you're going to fuck shit up. Remain acquaintances with her and let it be.
>>
>>17242608
I think you hitting on your friends girlfriend is about the shittiest thing you can do as a man. Women are always temporary. Bros are forever.
if there's one thing still sacred in the world, it's a bro code.
>>
>>17242630
But I'm not trying to hit on her! I want to remain friends and was hoping someone would have advice on how to manage a situation like this
>>
you kys yourself
>>
>>17242644
Stop. Talking. To. Her.
>>
>>17242644
Keep talking to her. Get to know everything about her. Once you've learned enough about her and shared enough about yourself, she will split into two different, but practically identical beings. The only difference will be that one will have feelings for your friend and one will have feelings for you. Then you can finally gave the relationship YOU deserve with her.

Or you can pull your head out of your ass and stop talking to her.
>>
>>17242644

Don't see her one-on-one, don't encourage her to text you all the time or talk online a lot. That's pretty much it. Be polite and friendly when you see her with him, and obviously you can still talk to her if it's something important. But you don't have to be her buddy. If she wants to go to lunch, you're busy. If she's texting you just to chat, take a little while to respond and don't be too enthusiastic.
>>
You tell her, but you don't force her into a decision and you don't start acting like a selfish asshole who acts like spending time with her = deserving a relationship.

Do you want her to be a guest in your life or a prisoner? You have to let her be there in a romantic capacity by choice.
>>
If you have the slightest inclination that you might try something funny, then you need to force a distant upon yourself.

If you thought to yourself after reading that, "Well, nah, I really don't have any intentions like that."Don't bullshit yourself either. Because you've already admitted you have feelings, you're already in that position. So just put distance between yourself and her.
>>
>>17242954
Furthermore, women can have male friends, but that's not your intent. It's too late for that. It requires a special kind of relationship for that.
>>
You're full of shit. My married friend said the same about a married coworker of her, that she started having feelings for, and he was flirting with her.

I told her "If you really care & feel 'guilty', then cut him off"

Her: But I want to remain friends and he's great to have around. He's a good friend and I can't just blah blah blah

Oh, now she's been having an affair for 2 months. If you ACTUALLY care about your bro, fucking distance yourself from her. You don't want to 'manage the situation'. You want to not feel like a bad person. But yeah, keep going and you are.
>>
>>17242590
Keep your distance and wait it out.
Your body has decided you're in love, and is making you happy drugs to encourage you to copulate.
Luckily this only lasts 6-36 months.
Less the less time you spend with her.

I always find it useful to think about the big picture and the science behind it, to keep perspective.
>>
I agree with some that you should wait it out and if your feelings persist I'd tell her and honestly if she does go for you then their relationship wouldn't have lasted anyways if she's willing to ditch him for someone else. You can't fuck up something that's been doomed from the start. So I wouldn't feel bad for him. He will be mad at you if you do go for it but maybe if you wait a bit after to hook up with her then he will be able to forgive you. And if she says no then obviously just lay off and continue being friends. Hopefully it doesn't distance you at all but it's better than bottling it all up, man.
>>
>>17242590
Cunt don't even think about it
>>
>>17242644
You fucking don't manage anything, you cut her off. If you can't, then you distance yourself from her at all costs.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.