[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My first girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me over the phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: folder (1).png (47 KB, 130x130) Image search: [Google]
folder (1).png
47 KB, 130x130
My first girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me over the phone last night.

I'm honestly not to upset, but she has been non-stop texting me today to talk to her, I've ignored ever single text.

should I talk to her and almost certainly get back together with her, or Ignore her texts and let her deal with her actions?
>>
Don't cave, anon. If you're not upset, it means you didn't give that much of a shit in the first place. Enjoy the single life. Fuck some sluts.
>>
>>17242574
You've won the game.
She cares about you more than you care about her.

Or she's just bored and wants to experience emotion so she'll text you to feel bad.
>>
>>17242580
I mean, I do love her. I think, but she told me she hasn't been happy and has been lying to her self for awhile.

I told her I'm sorry you didn't want to work things out and to take care.
>>
>>17242600
In that case, it's Bye Felicia. Don't pick up that phone.
>>
I recommend that you don't act out of spite. There is no need for you to play games and give her the silent treatment. If you don't want to get back with her then tell her you don't want to get back with her. If you don't want her to contact you then tell her you don't want her to contact you. If she is harassing/stalking you then tell her to stop harassing/stalking you and threaten to call the police. Be short, go straight to the point and don't play games.
>>
>>17242610
Yeah, You're probably right, I'm just really on the fence.

Thing that upsets me the most is she did it over the phone.
>>
>>17242613
I know this is the best advice. I really do.
But I really want to be petty about this because she did it over the phone..
I understand that's immature but still..
>>
>>17242613
Why does he need to dignify her with a response? Recall that she broke up with him, not the reverse. He has no need to explain himself, at all.

>>17242618
Listen, anon. Do you really want to stay with someone that broke up with you over the phone? Now she's begging for you back, even though she said she's been dissatisfied. That doesn't sound emotionally stable, at all.
>>
>>17242629
You are allowed to say the following:

"I do not want to get back together with you. The fact that you chose to break a relationship of 3 years over the phone is part of the reason why I know it will never work between us. Please stop talking to me."

You can do this and it's not playing games. You are being mature, you are directly communicating your feelings and you are moving on with life. It is normal that her behavior bothered you. It is not a petty feeling at all. You are not in the wrong at all. However you can still react accordingly and communicate what needs to be communicated.
>>
Well you could always be in my position; she ended up blocking me before I could even say we should meet up to say our final goodbyes to each other, at least talk and say what we have to say. I can't even contact her to say that... I guess she never cared from the beginning to not even give closure.
>>
Anon respond and hear what she has to say.

Hear her out, and if she tells you some bullshit then just cut her off.

Maybe she has a good reason, who knows. Anyways she kinda did a dick move.
>>
>>17242673
You're trippin'. He is not obligated to respond to someone who broke up with, and to whom he has already said goodbye. He's not "giving her the silent treatment," because there is no reason she should expect him to reply in the first place. She dumped him, OP wanted to talk things out but she didn't, and so he said goodbye. Just because she changed her mind doesn't mean OP is obligated to entertain her.
>>
if you are ignoring her texts, and aren't too bothered by the breakup, just let her know you've done some thinking and you're moving on, and that she made the right call breaking up with you.

try to give her some closure, but dont waste both of your time by staying in a relationship you don't even want. if you're not crazy about her, find a girl you're crazy about. she isn't going to change
>>
In my experience, getting back together doesn't work. Whatever wasn't working then won't work now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.