[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living with roommates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-03-23.png (182 KB, 462x422) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-23.png
182 KB, 462x422
I have to live for the first time with 3 other guys and I was wondering about stuff.

Do I keep everything that doesn't require refrigerating in my room?
>>
>>17241539

Also, give me some general advice on living with roommates /adv.
>>
>>17241543
Be considerate, pick up after yourself, and you can keep your food products in the kitchen area, unless your roommate are prone to eating food that isn't there, then you might want to get crafty and start hiding it.

I have a bad habit of taking my socks off in the living room, and piling them under the coffee table until laundry day (once a week), and sometimes if there's a sports game on, and I'm home alone, I'll fall asleep on the couch after it's over.
>>
>>17241539
Keep your stuff in the kitchen, unless as the other anon said, they start eating it.

Be tidy, be considerate. Pick up after yourself. Clean, but don't be the only one cleaning. Don't bring people over without asking your roommates first. Split things evenly. Don't stay cooped up in your room, talk to your roommates.
>>
>>17241539

it depends on the guy, but in my 6 years of 12 roommates, i have never once had a roommate eat my stuff unless offered or occasionally asked (hey can i borrow this? etc).

the real issue is toilet paper. i always bought the toilet paper. didnt mind either cuz i like to pick a good brand. however, no one would tell me when we run out. at all. so one day i through a bitch fit, bought new toilet paper, and hid it under my bed. a week went by and i caught them using PAPER TOWELS TO WIPE THEIR ASS AND FLUSH IT.

jesus christ.
>>
>>17241584
>>17241580
>>17241592

Ok thanks. I was thinking of keeping everything in my room because I don't want others eating my stuff and really, since we're 4 I wouldn't know who ate it.

I'm also not very good at confrontation, I get angry quickly. I guess I have some stuff to learn.
>>
>>17241592
>paper towels
That's like.. The go to backup, I don't know what the problem is.

It's like
>Paper towels
>Fastfood bag napkins
>Socks
>hand towels
>>
>>17241601
If you want to do that, that's fine. You also need to learn to control your anger, because someone will inevitably step on your toes a little.
>>
>>17241604

>thats like the back up

the back up is what you use when you get there and your roommates didnt tell you that you were out of toilet paper, so you make due.

paper towels is not something you put in the bathroom and use for over a week just because you dont feel like spending 5 bucks on toilet paper.

YOU DO NOT SPEND A WEEK FLUSHING PAPER TOWELS DOWN ANOTHER MANS TOILET.
>>
>>17241604
The problem is that you're not supposed to flush paper towels. It's terrible for the plumbing.
>>
>>17241609
You guys don't own the place, so who cares? I've gone longer than a week flushing paper towels.

Just think of it as better quality toilet paper, bro
>>
>>17241612
>toilet PAPER
>PAPER towel

I don't see the difference.
>>
>>17241615
There's a difference, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Not very bright, are you?
>>
>>17241613

>better quality fucking up your ass and pipes

no its not.

>you guys dont own the place so who cares

i literally do. its my fucking house.

>>17241615

one is designed to be flushed. one will block your pipes and force you to call a plumber.

>>17241612

this. how is everyone os retarded? once in awhile is fine but if you are only dumping paper towells down your toilet for a week it messes shit up and im the one who had to mop it up.

>>17241617

this.
>>
"stop masturbating or you'll go blind"
"stop flushing paper down the toilet or you'll clog the pipes"
"dogs can't look up"
>>
>>17241648
Are you stupid? There are things that are made specifically to be flushable and things that aren't. If you flush paper towels for a week, the pipes will get fucked up. That's why we wipe our asses with toilet paper and not tissues. There is nothing to dispute about this.
>>
>>17241543
Don't be an asshole. Pay your rent on time. Respect everyone's boundaries. If you have a problem bring it up in a respectful manner. Don't be an asshole. Do your house chores. Keep your room clean(ish). Don't eat other people's food without asking.
>>
>>17241648

>clogged pipes are an old wives tale

i used to think the same thing about dumping cooking oil down the sink. once i stopped doing it the pipes stopped getting clogged.

paper towells arent meant to be flushed. you want to prove us wrong? use only paper towels for a month.
>>
>>17241669
I feel like you'd be a good roommate, anon. They'll be mopping up sewage from having clogged pipes soon. Then they'll learn.
>>
>>17241677
Been doing it off and on for years, still no issues to date, m8.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.