[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on online friends? Do you think the word
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: spring antelope.jpg (113 KB, 599x395) Image search: [Google]
spring antelope.jpg
113 KB, 599x395
What are your thoughts on online friends? Do you think the word "online friend" has negative connotations?
>>
>>17241034
Online friends used to have negative connotations, and likely still does with some people. And online friendships are easier for some people because you don't have to provide physical support or effort.

But an online friend is not bad to have. Online friends can be wonderful or shitty just like a friend in real life can be. After all in the end you're still people who share a mutual bond.

But online friendships will always lack certain things that a physical presence can provide. Online friendships have their pros and cons. But they are nice to have either way.
>>
I made an online friend on 4chan /toy/ and exchanged skype. It was a very pleasant experience but I just stopped message him... I cut him off when I got bored.
>>
>>17241081
That's one of the pros/cons. An online relationship can be cut off easily, which is a pro for somebody who wants to end it. But it's also a con for people who lose contact and fall out of touch.
>>
File: Heartbroken.jpg (9 KB, 313x233) Image search: [Google]
Heartbroken.jpg
9 KB, 313x233
Once you're over 20 years old, they're the only friends you can make.
>>
>>17241104
Try meetup dot com. Founds some cool friends that way. Happened completely by accident when a friend invited me to a meetup they found. The most you have to lose is your time.
>>
>>17241090
I didn't want to stop talking to him. I just got busy, same happened with all my friends... I always think of my one friend, I thought he was my best friend in childhood way before 4chan, we spent summers together, played video games, skateboard, made videos, sleepovers, explored the forest and found abandoned trains and other relics, had a great fun... and he said "anon, i'm moving away on x month/day" and I FORGOT to come say goodbye.

I even forgot the date, I just get sad and listen to electronic music, I didn't say goodbye to my one friend. I can only hope heaven exists so we can meet again and spend an eternal day of joy together.

Now I have no friends just like this anon >>17241104

I am alone with the internet, my job, nostalgia and the feeling of suicide sometimes.
>>
>>17241130
There are people out there who will be your friend. And they will be good friends. But like anything worth doing you have to put in effort to find them. I believe in you.
>>
>>17241104
Get a job anon. Really just be in an environment with the same people consistently, you'll make friends.
>>
My boyfriend only keeps in touch with online friends, I don't think he met anyone but me and his parents the last year or two.
I think it's weird, and I wouldn't want people to know tb h. I try to suggest to him to meet some people in real life, but I don't think he's got those anymore.
>>
>>17241152
Ehhh, not quite, I mean, you may meet some new people but if you don't have similar interests it never really moves beyond acquaintence.
>>
>>17241130
I had a childhood friend like this. We were 12 when she moved away and I was absolutely devastated for years until Myspace became a thing and she somehow found me on there. Since then, we both made the move to Facebook when that became more popular and still keep in touch that way. I've even met her husband and kids through video chat with her.

>inb4 people call me a lonely virgin only looking to creep on her
>im a gayfag. i knew that and my friend knew that even back in those days
>>
>>17241124
>friend found me some friends

Kind of a catch-22, don't you think?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.