[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How shit does your life has to be in order for you to come here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 536248569.jpg (135 KB, 658x439) Image search: [Google]
536248569.jpg
135 KB, 658x439
How shit does your life has to be in order for you to come here and ask for advice? Most people in here are either anime loving teenagers that don't know any better and will certainly give shit advice, Some 27-ish virgin with no social life and some really abysmal example of human beings in their thirties.Not really the best people to ask advice from imo

unless you are all doing it ironically or some shit
>>
>>17241032
I mean, you can make all the assumptions you want but you really have no idea of the type of people that lurk here. I doubt the majority even take the advice, they just want assurance of their views most of the time (or are trolling)?
>>
Where are these statistics coming from? Your ass?
>>
>>17241043
4chan is shunned all over the social media and is hyped as some sort of boggy man of internet. I can't really imagine healthy people visiting this place with that reputation, majority should be either le brave kool kids, weirdos with extreme habits/hobbies or some really lonely people that are incredibly desperate. so yeah

With that said, I think you were looking for the phrase "baiting"
>>
>>17241032
Pretty shit, I mean, this place is probably my main point of conversation.
>>
>>17241050
>some really lonely people that are incredibly desperate

I think a few of us fall under that though we never get any usable advice.
>>
>>17241043
I think most of them want us to affirm their shitty beliefs. There was some guy that made a post about cheating on his gf a day ago, but didnt actually want any advice. He just wanted to brag that he was getting away with it.
>>
I mainly come here to help people with their LDR's. I don't sugarcoat shit, I just tell them what worked for me.

Beyond that, I try and make sure people with animal problems are getting the appropriate help.

Have asked for advice myself a few times (one time about a friend who became incredibly depressed and clingy, recently about a job I was waiting for a call about) but nothing that got any decent attention. Seems like if you aren't suicidal or looking to hook up with someone, advice is hard to come by.
>>
>>17241032
4chan is not bad. 4chan is neutral and it's anonymity allows people to express themselves and communicate with others in ways that aren't possible in many other places. It allows somebody to truly be themselves without having to put on a mask for society. Sometimes this means that people can act shitty. Other times it allows a person to perform good acts without the frivolity of congratulations from their peers.

4chans allows both good and bad, which in comparison to most places that only allow 'good' by their own relative definition of such means that at least part of 4chan is going to be considered bad to every person. So it has a reputation for being bad despite also being a source of good at times as well.
>>
>>17241032
I think you underestimate the diversity of the 4chan community. I would assume the two main demographics are weebs (shut-in or low-key) and relatively normal 17-25 year olds who have one foot in the 4chan lifestyle. However, I'm sure there are far more types of people who lurk here. As another anon said, 4chan is a place for people to be 100% real. You can act however you are feeling at the time. You can be a cunt, troll, helpful, misleading, inspireing, useful, whatever. /Adv/ is interesting because it gives you immediate access to opinions, whether they be informed or misguided. I know multiple people who browse 4chan regularly. Even just in my cities social environment they come from extremely different sections. But they all have some connect to 4chan. If I used the people I know to form a 4chan user image, then most of you are 18-24, drug users (mainly LSD, weed and MDMA), social but fit in an alternate scene to your country. Watch or have watched anime casually, university or secondary education students, middle class, predominantly white or Asian and have some disconnect with "normal" (generic) society (extreme or mild). I would assume that many of you anons have a different image of 4chan users. Even though it's far past its glory days, 4chan brings together the parts of society that can't connect normally. Probably because despite their similarities, their social position is so different they would never interact without it.

Anyway. Drunk ramble over. You get the point, anon.
>>
>>17241050
Baiting is something a troll does, so I think my wording was perfectly fine.
>>
All the questions being asked here are petty, egocentric and have been answered literally millions of times on the net already before
>>
Sometimes I'm here to give advice, sometimes I'm here to get it.

Really, I don't take anything too seriously, but if you take the time to sift through the bullshit, there's a few nuggets here or there. If you met me in real life, you'd assume I'm a "normie chad alpha" or whatever the fuck you want to call it, but yeah, secretly, I've been posting on 4chan since college and I like spending time on here. There also aren't a lot of good "slice of life" communities on the internet, especially that are anon.

Sometimes it's good to just ask the internet something and make sure I'm not taking crazy pills.
>>
>>17241032
True, and you didn't even mention the trolls. But sprinkled among them are some thoughtful and well-informed people offering sincere and potentially useful advice. You just have to plow through the rubbish to find them.
>>
I come here to ask stupid questions that would be too embarrassing to ask irl.
>>
>>17241032
>How shit does your life has to be in order for you to come here and ask for advice?
About as shitty as the stereotypical 4chan user's, apparently.

>Most people in here are either anime loving teenagers that don't know any better and will certainly give shit advice,
Not sure there's much evidence for that on /adv/. One could easily say it of many other boards, but the only "evidence" I've seen here of it is the use of "sempai", and that's the word filter's fault (a word consisting of the first three letters of "family" is filtered to that, and no one knows why).

>Not really the best people to ask advice from imo
I figure that for most of those who come here, "the best people to ask advice from" are not really an option. Or, at least, they believe it isn't.
>>
>>17241195
>>17241032

I'm 18, not really into most of the weird shit here but the reason I come here is just to conversate with people from around the world. It's fun to see some unique perspectives rather than the same shit i'd hear if I hung out with the people I know IRL.

The advice is not all bad either. I have taken advice on losing weight and becoming fitter and there is nothing that suggest to me, that the advice was shit. In fact, most books and videos I have seen on the subject of fitness give similar advice to /fit/ and people here

Also who is better to ask for how to fix a lonely, depressed life, than people who are also lonely/depressed or who have been lonely/depressed in their lifetime? All the people I know IRL do not talk about those things, or they seem really happy with their lives. Or they are the kind of fake 'im OCD and depressed and cut myself' attention whores who I do not want to talk about personal issues with
>>
>>17241032

>i can generalize millions of people around the entire world in to three simple categories

dont take advice from this guy.
>>
>>17241688
I like psychology and I like helping people out with emotional stuff. I don't even browse the rest of 4chan much at all.

Stop generalizing OP.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.