[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 26 >live in a new city for more than 6 months >have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: gift.jpg (137 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
gift.jpg
137 KB, 1632x1224
>be 26
>live in a new city for more than 6 months
>have an apartment
>have enough money
>have a nice job you like
>have a car to use for almost whatever and dont have to pay for fuel

>has no one to share this with

i mean, yeah, i like solitude, but this shit is becoming to be lonely and sad for a person my age.
what would you recommend, how to meet new people? its a nice city, not too big, but has nice people and is all multi kulti and shit. id just like to have some ideas, how to meet new people for someone who finds it hard to approach new people (unless its work related) and especially new girls/women.
>>
a desperate bump
>>
>>17241010
What do you like to do for hobbies? Join clubs, social clubs, hang out at bars or pubs. Join sports teams or volunteer. Get yourself out of your apartment and around new people.
>>
>>17241010
If you were always a loner, it never really get any easier meeting people. And you have passed the social milestones then it's even harder. (I don't quite know what those milestones are.)
>>
>>17241075
well i play guitar, i like blues, jazz, rock, some metal.
i get complimented on my playing often, but i was mostly shy about it, i liked to keep it as an intimate thing just for myself. making music when i get the chance, nothing special but it inspires me from time to time.

>If you were always a loner, it never really get any easier meeting people
yeah, i kinda always was. i mean, i met a lot of new people in last couple of years, mostly work related, and it took me some time to adapt to them. once i manage it, they mostly see me as someone reliable and interesting.

it just takes me a lot of time to show my self to them
>>
>>17241010
The first step is to stop whining and get off your ass and go out.

Don't look for friends. Look for activities; friends will follow.

Join a club, join a gym, do volunteer work, take a class, go to concerts, hang out at the comic book store.

You'll be among people doing the same thing, and small talk will be natural. Eventually someone will suggest going out for a drink/snack afterward. Some of those people will know other people and you'll meet them.

I took an "Intro to cooking" class at a community college. We were all ages and types, with one thing in common - we were all shit at cooking. And so we laughed at each other and ourselves a lot. Eventually some of us formed a "Dine at my place and see if you survive" club, cooking for each other once a week.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.