[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I be happier if I have children while I'm still young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 620x387
Will I be happier if I have children while I'm still young (18-22 years old)?
>>
Wait until you're already happy before you make another human being, so that it's born to happy parents.

Also, no, you'll miss out in a ton of experiences. I know a few people who had children in their early twenties, and they're the most boring, ignorant people I know. Kind hearted and good at their jobs and all, but it's obvious they haven't seen a lot of what life has to offer.
>>
Maybe. On the other hand, maybe not. We can't tell you.

Can you adapt to the changes children will bring to your life at such a young age? That's the real question. If so, then yes; you may be happier. If not, then you probably won't.
>>
>>17240906
If you marry someone you love then sure.
>>
>>17240906
You'll have a lot more energy to deal with their shit, at least.
>>
You should wait until you have your own life sorted out.
>>
I wouldn't do it. Some people feel a very strong urge to have children young and are happy with their choice. But you are still finding yourself and developing a lot at this age. Children deserve a parent who is mostly done with figuring themselves out and have all their energy and attention ready to spend on someone else. Besides you will have more life experience that makes it easier to put things into perspective.
Not to mention divorce rates drop steeply if you marry in your late twenties as opposed to your early twenties.

Having said that there are obvious benefits like your body bouncing back more easily and having more energy to deal with sleepless nights, being a young playful parent and what not. But for emotional well-being I'd vouch to wait.
>>
>>17240919
>>17240912
Are you infertile?
>>
>>17240906
I had my first at 20 and my last at 25, for me it was the right decision. Most people my age that have had kids young are divorced and have kids by other people and are usually a hot mess. It's a very personal thing to decide when is right to have kids.
>>
There are pros and cons to having children earlier or later. If you wait, you're more likely to be in a stable position for children, but you're going to have less energy to deal with them. When you're young, you recover more quickly.

I had my son at age 23. While I wish I were more stable financially, I don't regret having him early.
>>
>>17240906
If you have a degree and job marketable skills and are in a stable relationship where you don't rely on others outside your spouse to carry your ass, sure

If you do not, then no. You don't have your shit together and you'd be creating a burden on yourself and raising a child in a struggling and dissatisfied environment.
>>
Babies dont really make you happy. Theyre alot of work and frustrating as hell at times. And they're a lifelong commitment.
Find a man who would be a good dad and let nature take its course.
And for the love of god pick a good looking guy and not some ugly negro :/
>>
>>17240946
Why do you need a degree to raise a child
>>
>>17240906
If you're a mature person with a mature partner then maybe. Otherwise you're potentially inviting a lot of misery into your life and the life of your kid(s).
>>
>>17240954
To raise a child you need to have a job that provides financial stability. You don't necessarily need a degree for that.
>>
>>17240906
Don't have children to fix your shitty problems. In no circumstance will they make your shitty scenario better.
>>
>>17241277
Not

"Will I become happier"

But

"Looking back on my decision later in life..."
>>
Does having kids every make anyone happier?
>>
>>17240906
No you fucking moron! You just finished being a child, don't transition right into being a parent!
>>
First hand experience: having kids at a young age is great. My gf was 18 when she got pregnant and I was 21. I had a degree and a job, so it wasn't financially hard for me, luckily. My kids are now 8 and 6 and I often compare our family to my next door neighbours, who are in their late forties with kids the same age. When I'm 40 my kids will be getting ready to move out, and I'll be young enough to appreciate it. When my neighbours retire their youngest will still be in high school. I am young enough to run around, play, and still be in touch with youth culture and technology which is relevant to them.

I went to uni and blew out there, getting drunk and fucked up, but some of my friends still do that now and it seems a bit pathetic when I see my 30 year old uni housemate sitting around smoking weed all day and getting bitter.

My experience has been great, but of course it isn't for everyone. Just remember that older women struggle to conceive, and no kid wants elderly parents. Having said that, you need to be in a financial situation where you are able to pay rent, bills, and food every month and not struggle. Kids aren't as expensive as everyone makes out, but they damn sure can't sleep on the streets if you fail to make rent one month.
>>
>>17240912
>Also, no, you'll miss out in a ton of experiences

Like?
>>
>>17240906
>Will I be happier if I have children while I'm still young
It would just make the experience of ruining your life by having children happen sooner and at a point in your life where your less established in life.
>>
I'd wait till you have the necessary resources to raise a human being well.
>>
Depends if that's what you want to do then you'll be be happy.
>>
>>17241999
At least he's just smoking up and not polluting the world with his shitty offspring like you
>>
Having children just to make you happier is the most inconsiderate thing a human being can do. Do that child a favor and become happy yourself so you can teach your child what true happiness is.
>>
if you're not already happy, don't have a kid until you are. That 1st month will be the worst month of your life. Be gainfully employed and live within your means. You don't gotta be rich but even coming home from the hospital you'll have a pretty big bill. And have a steady boyfriend/fiance/husband that can help you.

So 1.) be happy 2.) have gainful employment and 3.) have a steady relationship

It's a pretty tall order for a person as young as you, but it's possible I guess. I had my first kid at 25. It was a pretty good age to start I think.
>>
>>17240906
Do you have a career?
Are you happy with your earnings?

Ask yourself that first.
>>
What kind of dumb as fuck question is that? You wanna have a fun adult life from 18-28/29 otherwise it's highschool and college then straight to having a child. Wtf is your train of thought? I really want to know.
>>
>>17242916
not everyone wants an extended adolescence

and also, womens eggs start to go bad after 25 or so, increasing the chance of having a kid with downs or autism and all sorts of other shit. you definitely don't want to have kids much past 30 because it all spikes after there.

it's easy for a man to say because he can just ditch an 'old' woman for a younger one in her prime years, but for women it's more complicated than that
>>
Having kids at any age is a waste of time and money. Period.
>>
>>17242987
this
>>
>>17242987
don't fall for the jew propaganda anon, pass on your white genes
>>
>>17243055
why?
>>
>>17240951
>good dad
>not some ugly negro :/

Redundant.
>>
>>17242933
>womens eggs start to go bad after 25 or so
35 you fucking moron
>>
>having kids will make me happy
top fucking kek
>>
There are multiple ways of quantifying happiness. To many people, if not most, I imagine having children causes a severe drop in aggregate happiness. You don't hear of many people expressing regret because it's such a cultural taboo. There are many, many people who deep down realize that having a child was the worst mistake of their lives. They force a smile and swear it's wonderful, but the regret is real.

Wait a few years, Opie.
>>
>>17240912
I suppose it depends. My dad had me when he was 23. He's still seen like half the world and had his fair share of fun. Just with a kid around.
>>
If you absolutely have to do this then settle down with an older man. If you settle down for someone your age I guarantee you he will cheat or trade you up if he ever gets the chance. Guys always talk about cock carousels for women but they fail to mention how it's completely natural and normal for young men to sew wild oats and spin plates and never commit to relationships. It's their god given right as masculine men.

Don't fucking trust young men and their doublespeak. Get someone with his act together preferably 30-35 or 40
>>
>>17243581
Children are a source of joy that's hard to beat. Children are also a source of stress that's hard to beat.
If you prioritize partying and doing your own thing over everything else then don't have kids. It's really that simple.
>>
>>17242987
Someones gotta do it. Just like someone has to pick up trash, work in retail, run for office. Sure, many folks arent cut out for being a parent or governor but these are things that neex to be done for life as we know it to exist.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.