[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was away from home for 7 months (4 months training 3 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1465060945516.png (13 KB, 514x514) Image search: [Google]
1465060945516.png
13 KB, 514x514
I was away from home for 7 months (4 months training 3 months at sea) until about a month ago. My cunt ex started fucking other dudes while I was away so I've been on my own since I came home. I have friends, hobbies, and interests. But I have so much free time now that I'm home and no one intimate to spend it with I feel nothing most of the time. What the fuck is wrong with me I swear my life didn't use to be like this.
>>
>>17239537
Military?
>>
>>17239588
No. The training program was paramilitary but I work for the seafarers international union.

Does it make a difference?
>>
>>17239598
Actually, it would. If you were gone for the army/military/etc, then you wouldn't be deserving of sympathy since you shouldn't have selfishly abandoned the people you cared about to partake in an immoral career path.

However, that doesn't apply to you. We all have times where we feel like that. The fact that your ex cheated on you has probably effected you in a way you don't consciously realize. The symptoms you describe are that of depression, but it can go away. Try doing new things, try hobbies that you used to enjoy. Realize that your ex isn't worth caring about, and you should not consider it human, as it lacks the morality to stay with someone even if they're temporarily away.
>>
File: 1392660661542.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1392660661542.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>17239537
Welcome to my life, enjoy your stay.

But seriously, hang out with your mates more and concentrate on your hobbies, interests and work. Do something productive or at least do something to occupy your interest and time when at home.
>>
>>17239610
Kill yourself, not joking
>>
>>17239612
I do as much as I can but not working while I'm at home means I have a lot of time and literally nothing to do with it.
>>
>>17239632
Watch movies, play tiddlywinks, do anything to keep your mind occupied. You've gotta stop thinking about how bad you think your situation is and move forward.
>>
>>17239665
Does that fix the problem though? I just feel like I'm ignoring it.
>>
>>17239672
Yes, once you get out of this rut you'll move forward. There's nothing you can do to turn back time, your ex was a shitty person and that's that. You sound like you've got your life in order, you have a job, friends, hobbies and interests, so keep that in mind and you'll be good.
>>
>>17239683
I feel like that intimacy was a big part of my life for years though and without it theres just...nothing. like I'm just existing to exist. And I mean, it's not like I have a sex life to speak of or a whole lot of women just waiting to jump on me. I just want one.
>>
>>17239691
You have a social life, put yourself out there if you really want intimacy. There's nothing really else I can tell you, you have to be your own motivation.
>>
>>17239772
When I say social life I mean with other men.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.