[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become more 'e-social´?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 0109oped_beam.jpg (26 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
0109oped_beam.jpg
26 KB, 960x541
Hello /adv/, I'm currently 18 and about to exit high school, however for reasons I'm going to wait a whole semester before going to college. So I'm going to be free for a couple of months.

The thing is that mid highschool I switched to other one, and because of that I was never really able to form super close bonds with the people there, add to the fact that I'm not good keeping contact with people and now I feel like the next 6 months of my life are going to be pretty lonely. It's not much but I don't know if I can actually stand 6 months of not talking to anyone but my family.

So a friend of mine has a couple of friends he meet online, from other states or from other countries, and since it's a first for myself I was wondering if I could try it out, but I have some questions

Should I search people that speak the same language as me? Or is it okay if I search in others? I ask this because english is not my native toungue
Where is a good place to start?
Should I use emojis? Or is it okay if I let them out? How do I make myself more 'expressive' through text?
Will people eventually ask for a picture of me? I am in somewhat bad shape (which is something I will work this semester) and I'm not very confident about it, what if they don't want to talk to me after it?
Is revealing my interests okay? I into drawing, video games, animation, etc also I bunch of other stuff that's the main thing.

Thanks in advance /adv/
>>
Bump

Come on /adv/, I know you can help me with this
>>
>>17239397
fuck online and get your ass to the gym. you meet a lot of people there. i meet a few people from the gym i go to. great to socialize with
>>
>>17239628
I'm 18, anon. I will be going to the gym in the mornings. Who do you expect me to meet there?
>>
>>17239631
talk to people. some kid i know was takin under the wing of a power lifter at my gym just by acting like a newfag
>>
>>17239645
I'm not sure If my interests will go very well with those of a power lifter but alright, I'll try it out. Anything else?
>>
>>17239651
i meet a few people at the gym because we have lifting in common. other then that i am an autist friend. 4chan is my only friend
>>
>>17239658
See? This is what I want to avoid. Once I go back to school even if I'm /fit/ I'll be an autist.

I need non Anonimouse interaction
>>
Hey guys I'm in a similar situation. Also 18 and graduating. Thing is me and my friends don't really hang out much(we're not weirdos we usually just have parties and drink together rather than hang out for the sake of hanging out). And all the girls I've been talking to have stopped talking to me, again not a weirdo, I normally just lost interest or nothing happened. But I work all the damn time and have little opportunity to meet friends/girls
>>
>>17239663
at least you are /fit/ and not fat like /R9K/
>>
One last bump
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.