[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I move from my shitty small town to a big city if I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (577 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
577 KB, 849x565
How do I move from my shitty small town to a big city if I'm poor and have no skills? I don't want anything fancy just the most basic living. I just don't want to see John Deere hats and pick up trucks everywhere and hear lawn mowers and dogs barking. I don't want to know my neighbors or anyone else's life around me. I don't want to talk to a girl and know everyone she's slept with.

I don't want to see the same 5 people every day for the rest of my life. I don't want to work in a super market or Burger King just to cater to old rddnecks for just enough money to eat and smoke weed. I don't want to see broken down antique houses and shitty rusted trucks and I don't want to see the same idiots hang out with the same dumb asses all day and waste their lives out in this rural shit hole anymore I just want out as soon as possible and to never come back
>>
know how you feel bro
>>
save money to get skills then taek skills and apply them to job.
>>
>>17239047
I live in a city and, minus a few things, that's kinda how it is. Except that rent is like +$1k for a shitty studio apt in a shit part of town
>>
>>17239103
How much though people say to save like 5000 dollars I was thinking like half that and just take on some shitty full time job there and get roommates
>>
>>17239117
>>17239117
Ideally you should save enough for 6 months of living, so if you're moving to a big city at least 10k. As a NYer I see a lot of transplants come here expecting to make it big quick, which is v dumb because while there are a lot of opportunities there's also more competition than almost anywhere else in the world. You seem like you're down to work at whatever to get paid, so I think you'll be fine in the boonies with roommates and some construction job. But you'll do best with some business or programming skills.
>>
>>17239117
can go to Vegas/Phoenix/Tuscon or even Sacramento/Reno just to get out of your shithole.. rent a room get an apartment whatever.. find a job..

You could even do work away or helpx.. the best option I think. Just make sure you have about 1500. Sign up for EBT for free food and work in exchange for a place to stay they're all over the place do your research!!! no excuses man..
>>
>>17239271
Would something on the east coast like Atlanta or Tampa work?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.