[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just broke up with my girlfriend, with whom I wanted to build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I just broke up with my girlfriend, with whom I wanted to build my future with. It was my fault. How do I get over it ?
>>
>>17238608
time. it takes time.
>>
What did you do
>>
>>17238631
She wanted to get close, I am a person who Has problem with showing emotion. I pushed her away once, and it created issues
>>
>>17238638
So you dumped her? She didn't deserve that.
>>
No, I didnt dump her. For couple of months it was pretty shitty. She couldnt trust me again, I couldnt fix it.

We met together today. We talked it through, shared tenderness and decided that despite we love each other we can't make it work
>>
>>17238608
You dumped her. You have nothing to get over except your ego. Fuck you.
>>
>>17238662
>I couldn't fix it

You could but didn't.

Anyway it's better for both of you his way. Figure out how to control yourself and your own mind, no one else will for you.
>>
>>17238666
The thing is she is the worst type of perfectionist you will know. At the same time she is very stubborn and doesnt react well to being criticized. Well, she reacts to it in a very fierce way, so you never want to correct her again.
>>
>>17238671
How ? It fell apart because I cancelled one of our trips. I tried to offer her a trip some other time and she declined. I know it it not the same, but I tried
>>
>>17238679
I thought you said you were at fault? Just stfu. You didn't really love her. Was she your first or something?
>>
>>17238688
My fault is that I screwed up by not going to a trip. Her fault was that she was too preoccupied with being mad at me to ever give me a chance.
>>
>>17238699
Or she could sense that you weren't all that into her so she grasped onto the symptoms.
>>
>>17238707
I love her, I really do. The problem is that I have very strict parents, who really reserve themselves from showing much emotions towards thieir childreen.

I have severe problems with showing my emotions and I almost never do it in a proper way of dont at all.

I love her, Anon. I loved her the first time, I loved her the second time. Im just an idiot
>>
>>17238725
So do I. My parents are Eastern European. Doesn't stop me from trying to be affectionate and caring towards my partner and learning from him all the time, since he grew up in a very open family. You can't just use that as an excuse. You're more than your upbringing. I honestly feel like you didn't try hard enough. Next find someone who's worth opening up for and give that person your all because that's the least they deserve. Not what you did to this woman.
>>
>>17238759
Huh, my story (almost).

The problem is that in my first relationship I was, sort of, used. I was dating a girl for a year, it seemed like we loved each other, I got accepted info family, I was planning to move together and than she told me that we should break up, she got Back to the guy with whom she Has Been for 4 years and she had STD about which I found out after couple of months of meeting.

The thing is, despite I loved my gf, I couldnt leave experience of a past outside of it. Shit, I made her suffer only because of my issues
>>
>>17238759
And with my parents is that my father is almost never at home, and my mother keeps us at distance and is emotionally cold. Had No example to follow
>>
>>17238775
So you didn't give her the fair chance she deserved. Nothing to do with her being a perfectionist. This is all on you.

>>17238788
Then find another person or couple to look up to. Family, friends, even books and films. Open up your mind. Empathy, you know.
>>
>>17238666
Now now Satan, studies have shown the person who does the breaking up feels worse about it in the long run. Even when breaking up is something you truly wanted you'll still feel bad about it.

>>17238608
Everyone deals with shit differently. When I was dumped by someone I thought was the one I just decided to try and learn to live alone. Be alone. And enjoy it. I did and I was happily single in less than a year after the whole fiasco.

But some people do better by doing the opposite, as in fucking literally anything that moves and surrounding yourself with people and partying.

But as the saying goes, time heals all wounds. Just hang in there man.
>>
>>17238862
Thanks, I appreciate that. Im not a sex addict, so taking things easy might work. Thats how I found her, after all

>>17238857
Yeah, so far most of my experience comes from movies of books. Didnt work out that well.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.