[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefox crashes, open more tabs next to restore session, repeat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1462024132993.gif (2 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1462024132993.gif
2 MB, 550x309
So I'm caught in this habit of a cycle where I open a million tabs on firefox until sooner or later the browser crashes, and when I restart it back up I just continue to open up more tabs while leaving the restore tab open. Am I gonna break my PC?
>>
>>17238588
Anyone?
>>
>>17238588
Got the same issue. You are not alone. My pattern includes, that I've got a lot of interessts and want to read everything I can related, but don't got the time to do it after all the tabs are open.
>>
>>17238588
>So I'm caught in this habit of a cycle where I open a million tabs on firefox until sooner or later the browser crashes, and when I restart it back up I just continue to open up more tabs while leaving the restore tab open

>Am I gonna break my PC?
no. the program has nothing to do with the OS or the rest of the computer.
I mean, the crashes happen because firefox uses too much memory, and that could also kill other programs, but this shouldn't be a problem in most cases, unless you are writing big files to the disk or something.
>>
OP are you me? I started using an add-on called TooManyTabs.
>>
>>17240345
this. if you want to avoid crashing your browser, use add-ons. I use session manager (not sure if it comes integrated in the browser) for saving and restoring sessions. install both TooManyTabs and session manager...
>>
Yeah, when you fill up your ram with bullshit, windows can't write cache information to it correctly which ends up in corrupted registry entries.

Accumulate enough of those, and you'll start getting blue-screens or complete system lock-ups. If you don't solve that issue, then there's a chance you could brick your motherboard.
>>
>using firefox

That's your problem.
>>
Use opera
>>
>>17241238
Opera is dead. Old Opera users these days are using Vivaldi, that is the true successor of the old Opera.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.