[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT clingy girlfriend I'm used to relationships where I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: crushcrush.jpg (16 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
crushcrush.jpg
16 KB, 200x198
ITT clingy girlfriend

I'm used to relationships where I'm the center of the world, pretty much. My past relationships, I always came first, they always wanted to be with me, they always wanted me around, they talked to me everyday, they would even get moody if I didn't say anything. If friends were around, they would involve me too, or if they would go out with their friends, they would tell me so. It's not like I demanded to know where they were at, it just naturally happened, like "hey tonight I'm going out drinking with my buddies see ya tomorrow", messages like that.

In this relationship, I'm obviously the last priority. He talks to me when no one is and he's bored as fuck. He comes saying "amg no one's up everyone is at work or sleeping I'm so damn bored". I send him messages (usually questions), he doesn't reply. Once his friends are up, then it's over. We won't be talking of the day at all, or maybe even the week if I'm that unlucky. Hell, it's his friends who tell me news from him (ex : "hey you must be happy that your bf is back home :D oh what you didn't know he was back from his trip? hahahaha that's so funny :D")

How do I deal with this? I understand that his friends are important, especially since it distracts him from cutting himself, but this is the first time where as a romantic interest, I come in last, and that much. If he didn't confess about his problems to me, that I know he doesn't talk to anyone else, I would think that I'm just an acquaintance. I feel like I'm that person you talk to when there's no one else and there's nothing on TV. And no, I got nothing against his friends; I'm friendly with them, they are even the ones who usually ask me to tag along with them, and when I do, my boyfriend barely chats with me. His best friend is a good friend with me, and I either just hang out with him alone, leaving my bf with their other friends, or I just leave because I feel like I'm in the way since my bf wants friend's attention.
>>
Comment got too long but I feel like if anything, I'm just his personal therapist when he gets cutting urges and feels suicidal, because he's too ashamed to talk about his problems with his friends.
>>
>>17238299
must be nice for him to have an oblivious side chick.
>>
People who attract the opposite sex (being any gender) to the point where the other person obsessed is BAD.

Insecure people are the ones who are clingy, intense and value you for being something they've decided in their own head.

A person who does not do this is more confident in the self.

It looks like this makes you uncomfortable because you've been put in the vulnerable position this time.
>>
>>17238308
Yeah now that you say it, it's true that I'm in a vulnerable position. I considered breaking up with my bf, but didn't have the guts to since he's suicidal and since his last gf cheated on him. It's obvious that if I do break up with him, he will kill himself, and I wouldn't be able to live with that guilt, since I'm still in love with him.

Should I just not think of anything about this and just let him hang out with his friends without expecting anything from him?
>>
>>17238352
>I considered breaking up with my bf, but didn't have the guts to since he's suicidal

your relationship will not end well.

i implore you to get out of this relationship.

you will not listen to me.

you will wish you had.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.