[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Earlier today my ldr gf told me she was raped a few nights ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (841 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
841 KB, 750x1334
Earlier today my ldr gf told me she was raped a few nights ago and I want to help her and do everything I can but I don't know what to do. I won't see her for another nine days and I honestly don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice on how to help in this situation
>>
>>17237987
Tell her to go to the cops and file a police report, this will ensure that if the offender does it again or has come it previously it will be taken more seriously. She can literally save other women from experiencing the same thing.
>>
She is, but she's taking it pretty hard which is to be expected. i want more than anything to help her deal because the last thing she needs is this along with her other stresses
>>
You just need to listen to her and support her. Not going to lie this could be very difficult for your relationship, it's a big trauma. You're going to hear very upsetting things but it's about her, not you.
>>
>>17238012
100% it's about her, I want to do more than listen to her and support. I just feel useless in this.
>>
>>17238012
100% it's about her, I want to do more than listen to her and support. I just feel useless.
>>
>>17237987
Ask her what she was wearing/doing to make someone want to rape her
>>
>>17237987
>ldr gf
red flag
>a few nights ago
red flag
>>
>>17237987
>raped
Red flag
>>
>>17238032
ya fuck that, it's not her fault and there's no way I would say something to give off that vibe
>>
>>17238044
So she obviously went to the hospital and make a police report?
>>
Sorry OP but are you sure this wasn't an excuse for "I cheated"?

If not then look, you are kind of useless in this. All you can do is be there for her and support her in ways she needs. In some situations, people can only make it worse by interfering too much. She might just want to take time by herself and collect her thoughts. It won't help if you're there getting in the way. Be there when she needs you. Maybe she's the kind of person that will want you there all the time. Maybe she won't. Just respect her wishes.
>>
>>17238044
Maybe she didn't actually get raped then? It's probably a cry for attention. You should grill her on the details.
>>
>>17238026
>100% it's about her, I want to do more than listen to her and support.
I understand this -believe me, I do- but there isn't really anything else you can do. Maybe urge her to see a trauma counselor, after she's filed the report: they cannot work miracles, but they can help some.
>>
>>17237987
if she did not press charges, she was not raped
>>
>>17238035
This.

Though she may be a nice girl, fuck LDRs. Never again
>>
>>17238041
I know that the situation can have those, but I trust her whole heartedly. It's why we maintain an ldr when I've openly told her I'm fine with ending it if it's what she wanted
>>
>>17238057
She is in the process now
>>
>>17238035
she mentioned something was bothering her that day but refused to tell me because she didn't want me to stress further(I had expressed some stuff I was dealing with and she was supporting me) I told her to do it anyways but she was adamant about it
>>
>>17238080
>bothering
not traumatic?

I seriously doubt your issues outweighed a rape. Why did she wait until after talking to you to contact the police? Did she know the "perp"?
>>
>>17238121
She was passed out and pieced it together after she said something was bothering her
>>
>>17238121
And she did that first, but not by choice a few of her friends found out and made her bc she has very little confidence around anything that's bothering her
>>
I told her I'm going to give her whatever space she needs on this and I'll talk to her about it when she wants thanks guys for putting it in perspective.
>>
>>17238125
>Passed out
I imagine getting railed by 20 dudes in a row can be pretty tiring.
>>
No police report, no sympathy.
>>
Hey I just popped in for a small question.

Everyone always says go to the police, but can you physically just go to a police station and ask to talk to an officer? Like is that it? And just don't shower after you get raped? How much will all this cost financially?
>>
>>17238220
I think they have a "rape kit" for DNA evidence, but some news stories imply stations haven't even offered that. And even if they do, they need to prove beyond doubt it was rape. Most cases get thrown out because it's a he said she said, so unless it was a very violent rape you're better off hiring someone to destroy the attackers car/ beat them up in terms of vengeance.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.