[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate how high and nasal my voice is. I feel like I still s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1445838093841.jpg (173 KB, 966x1440) Image search: [Google]
1445838093841.jpg
173 KB, 966x1440
I hate how high and nasal my voice is. I feel like I still sound like a teenager, but I'm in my mid 20s. Is there any way to change how my voice sounds; for it to be a bit deeper and richer? It sounds so...dry. Like there's no resonance or depth. I've been a smoker for years but not even that seems to have changed my voice. The ideal would be to sound like Mark Sandman, but I know that'll never fucking happen.

Link for reference. http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kEpdYtS4yF
>>
>>17237251
What? Your voice isn't high at all, nor nasal.It's kind of nice, actually. If it weren't for the way you said die, I wouldn't have pegged you as an Ausfag. Quit smoking though, that shit isn't cute, and I can hear the rasp.
>>
File: squireel.jpg (173 KB, 1350x900) Image search: [Google]
squireel.jpg
173 KB, 1350x900
can we get a Rate voice thread? I want my voice to be judged
>>
>>17237267
I don't know. It's weird, but I just feel like my voice is unusually high and teenage-sounding compared to the people i'm surrounded by. It could just be in my head though.

Yeah, my mum's from LA so I guess I picked up a bit of a trans-atlantic inflection.

Haven't smoked in three weeks, too. Getting there I guess.
>>
>>17237304
Go on, record. we'll judge you.
>>
>>17237327
theres a bunch of white noise in the background for some reason, and i already know I sound like a fag after trying it so no thanks. Can we get a deepen voice thread going? I want my voice to be deepened.
>>
defintely ugly as fuck
>>
>>17237251
your voice is super high, its kind of deep.
>>
>>17237333
isnt kind of high*
>>
>>17237332
Lol, try again. Feel free to project yr own insecurities more tho.
>>
>>17237314
It's probably because you hear your own voice differently to everyone else, and I guess most people hate their own voices. But chill, your voice is fine. And congratulations on not smoking, I don't want you getting lung cancer anon.
>>
>>17237251
Your voice is like...average in every way.
>>
I know that feel OP. I have the most high pitched nasal voice ever and I'm 28. People think I'm a woman on the phone.

The weird thing is, it can actually be deep at times.. my gf says when I'm drunk or high it gets way deeper. It's almost like I'm unconsciously making it higher pitched.. I dunno, but I've accepted it as a cross I'll have to bear. I guess it's better than being ugly or fat or something :/
>>
>>17237582
People think you're a woman on the phone? Shit son. Get that fixed asap.
>>
>>17237251
Acting and singing teachers can teach you ways to lower your voice. Make it clear that that's what you want, be willing to pay, and you might be able to do it in 2 or 3 lessons.
>>
>>17237661

There's no way to fix it. That's the point. There's nothing you can do about it so why bother being insecure?
>>
It's your voice, you're stuck with it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.