[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throuought my life, I've always felt like I valued friendships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Throuought my life, I've always felt like I valued friendships more than my friends and bffs did. Like it is always me initiating conversations on FB, WhatsApp, etc. Anyone else here have this feeling as well?
>>
Nope, I'm the opposite. I like my friends and all, and I enjoy spending time with and talking to them, but I'm also completely content sitting at home and just playing video games or something in my free time, so I'm never the one to go out of my way to talk to them.
>>
>>17236511
Is there something wrong with my personality then
>>
>>17236608
You are an extrovert; you feed off of the energy of conversation with other people. You are very social and like to talk, right?
>>
>>17236643
No I am an introvert, but I guess I become too clingy to one person every now and then.
Am starting to think a friend of mine thinks of me as clingy. Should I talk to my friend about this?
>>
>>17236655
If it's evident your friend is trying to push you away, maybe you should. Otherwise, just be considerate and take it slow. Try to think about what you're saying in the conversation, rather than just offloading onto your friend, you know?
>>
>>17236689
I will stay in his country during holiday this year. He doesn't seem to want to meet me, saying that his family will frown upon our meeting as I've only talked to him online so he has been delaying telling his parents about me.
I don't know if I was too attached or something. Like before I tursted him enough to give him my number we can send five emails to each other in a day. I tell him more things about my life than he does.
(I am a femanon if that matters)
>>
>>17236706
That sounds like a very bad excuse on his part, as I'm sure he'd be sure to meet you without his family around... But it seems he does not take this friendship you have seriously, or never thought of it becoming anything. Does he know you wish to stay strictly friends? Plus, sometimes revealing too much of yourself at once, or to someone you don't know very well, can freak them out, so there's that...

I'd say just be reserved.
>>
>>17236812
>I'm sure he'd be sure to meet you without his family around.
He wants to bring his brother along as a tour guide as his brother knows more about the historical regions. He lives with his parents, and he cannot just "disappear" from his house and visit the tourst areas that he never visits.
Btw he is not from an Anglo culture (Hispanic) so maybe they are more used to seeking approval from parents there, although I am not fully sure
>>
>>17236812
Yes we both know that we are staying as frineds.
We have been friends for a few years and he also replies to my messages. Before switching to WhatsApp, we can send each other five emails ina day. He also helps me to learn his language although it may only be a sign of politness.
I recently asked him and he said he will tell his family about the meeting although I don't know if this is "all talk and no action"
>>
>>17236706
>(I am a femanon if that matters)
Women usually thrive from having a good social net, so I would say you valuing friendships and being a bit clingy is normal. Just don't push too hard and alienate your friends with clinginess. Because they don't want as much contact, that doesn't mean they don't like you.
>>
>>17237038
We have you advice for your question. What else would you like to know?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.