[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get a smooth shave without going against the grain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1463562707920.jpg (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1463562707920.jpg
34 KB, 640x640
How do you get a smooth shave without going against the grain? When I go with the grain, I don't cut myself but there's always some hair left. When I go against the grain I get all the hair but often cut myself. Using a safety razor because it's cheap.
>>
Spend more money on a quality razor+foam.

Or buy top teir electric razor.
>>
this won't solve your problem, but it could help

make sure your pubes are really soft before you shave. (if you have a vagina, i know this isn't the Best Idea but if you're careful you'll be fine) find some gentle conditioner and put it on your pubes, let it sit for awhile, then shave
>>
>>17236141
I'm talking about shaving my face but thanks.
>>
>>17236137
Any recommendation on the shaving cream?
>>
>>17236145
my bad but it could still work homie
>>
Try shaving across the grain. Are you pulling the skin tight? That helps get stubble. What part of your face? I can't go against the grain on parts of my neck. The angle is just too weird even when I try and use no pressure
>>
>>17236457
Upper lip, mouth area, and neck/bottom of my chin are the big problem areas.
>>
Why not just use disposables? They're dirt cheap if you live in america. Something to the tone of like 100-200 for $3.
>>
>>17236128

Do both. First pass go with the grain. Second pass go against the grain. Third pass go laterally.
>>
>>17236526
I tried them and really didn't like them.

>>17236529
That's pretty much what I'm doing. I don't try going against the grain until the hair is already very short.
>>
>>17236539
What did you dislike about them?

I really like them. You don't even have to buy shaving cream, since most of them have glide strips that will lubricate the area on the first pass if you angle the razor. Not to mention, you can usually get 3-4 uses out of a single razor. That's like 3 years worth of shaving for almost nothing. It'd be more difficult to cut yourself than with a safety razor, too.
>>
>>17236551
They didn't seem to be as effect at shaving and I found myself cutting myself more often than I did with cartridge razors. I tried a safety razor and after a bit of practice it's working about as well (and cutting me equally as often) as the cartridge razors, but for much cheaper.
>>
Follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qSIP6uQ3EI if you haven't already.

By safety razor are you referring to a traditional double edged razor or something like a mach 3?
>>
>>17236563
I'm not really talking about cartridge razors though, those are a complete scam.

I'm talking about the solid plastic cheap looking pieces of shit. They look absolutely hobo as fuck, but they work a hell of a lot better than the cartridge razors.

It's only got two blades, so it cuts a lot closer.
>>
File: best-disposable-razor.jpg (76 KB, 770x400) Image search: [Google]
best-disposable-razor.jpg
76 KB, 770x400
>>17236574
>>17236563
I forgot I was going to post a pic
>>
>>17236574
I know that. I'm talking about those because that was what I was using before I tried the disposable ones. The disposables were worse.
>>
>>17236570
Double edged.
>>
I just use a razor and lightly press it against my skin, then kind of forcefully press in while going really quickly up and down my face, no shaving gel, just warm water.

Do people usually use shaving gel? The fuck? It's not that hard to avoid cutting yourself.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.