[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okie doke /adv/, I have a question. Friend of mine got raped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Spider-man-wallpaper-8638869.jpg (862 KB, 1440x1280) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man-wallpaper-8638869.jpg
862 KB, 1440x1280
Okie doke /adv/, I have a question. Friend of mine got raped six months ago, and it broke my heart to hear about it. She comes from an Islamic family, and she has told her family. They aren't too traditionalist and accept her still, but are aware that is will be hard for her to marry. Now, here is my thing. She recently confessed to me that she was heartbroken, not because of the whole rape (although that was traumatic), but because she was saving herself for me. Who she confessed her love to. Now, she's anot amazing person, pretty, into the same shit I am, altruistic, etc., but I am an atheist, and even though I don't believe in her shit, I don't want her to suffer in hell...or at least think that she will, and I don't want her to make a decision that would be bad for her. I do love her, but I want her to be happy with her life and content, and I'm afraid the cultural differences will hurt her in the long run. What do /adv/?
>>
Meow
>>
Okie doke, gonna bump it one more time, if only because I'd appreciate different perspective.
>>
>>17235945
If the cultural gap is to wide and neither you nor her are willing to change, than I think it will be best for you to just be a good friend to her and provide emotional support,
>>
She can make the decision for herself.

Don't get married right away and if things go bad break up. That's the only way you'll know if it was meant to be, and if so, it'll go great. If it doesn't work shell find the next guy she can actually work with.

Sure breakups suxk but believe me "what could've been" will destroy a man.
>>
>>17236811
Pretty much the last sentence of this post.
>>
>>17235945
What a stupid question. Who cares about cultural differences unless it'd hardcore and from what you said it sure doesn't seem so. Get over it op. Be with her.
>>
>>17235945

>I don't want her to suffer in hell...or at least think that she will, and I don't want her to make a decision that would be bad for her.

I don't think you know what being an atheist means.

>I do love her, but I want her to be happy with her life and content, and I'm afraid the cultural differences will hurt her in the long run.

Here is your answer, send her the link to this thread.

ALLAHU AKBAR
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.