[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career Choice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1-photo.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1-photo.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Hello /adv/, I have a dilema. My heart is telling me to become an engineer but my mind is telling me to become a doctor. I love mathematics and science and I am afraid that I will forget my knowledge of mathematics if I become a doctor. That being said doctors are much more successful financially. Any advice???
>>
Which of your heart or your mind has a track-record of better long-term decisions? Use that one.
>>
>>17235869
Being a doctor is a lot of dedication to school. Being an engineer will take far less time.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 640x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 640x650
Definitely become a doctor. Because the only thing you heart should be leading you to, is me
>>
Both paths are really, really challenging in school so be prepared for that. As a doctor you could face mental burnout in your career. Can you care enough to do a good job but not so much that seing your patients die makes you want to follow them?
>>
File: bear.png (2 MB, 1237x925) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
2 MB, 1237x925
Only about half of doctors say they would do it again if they could go back to being 18-21 and deciding what they want to do with their life.

Do you really want to flip that coin?

Also, becoming a doctor, your life is sort of planned out to the end. It's really not that open-ended. To me, that's depressing, or boring maybe.

If you became an engineer, your life would be fairly open-ended. Who knows what you'd work on. You'd make enough to support a family by yourself. I don't see any problems if it's what you're interested in. I'd pick engineering over doctor.

Don't let your occupation be the source of your respect or prestige. Let what you actually do with your life be the source.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.