[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: kitty cat.jpg (14 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
kitty cat.jpg
14 KB, 480x357
I think i'm living with a verbally abusive step father. Ever since i can remember my step father would sometimes offend me and make me feel like shit. I'm really trying to get my shit together. but in the meantime i'm usually locked in my room 24/7. I can never be myself around him. I always get nervous and feel like crying. today i was helping my mom cook some chicken wings and i was in a rush because we were all hungry. I've never really prepared chicken wings before so i was just winging it and he comes over and starts to explain how to cut properly which was fine. then he tells me that i should control my emotions because i was rushing therefore struggling.It wasn't like i didn't know wtf i was doing but fine whatever. later on he tells my mom "don't worry, it may take till she's thirty to learn".I didn't get it he was talking about the chicken or in general but i felt bad.I'm getting the understanding that, he teaches me by making me feel like shit. Other times he will yell. i've heard him say a few times that moments like this will stay in my head forever so i can learn. But really all it's done is traumatize me. There are times when he treats me well but other times he would offend me by mentioning my failures. I remember being little and him asking why i get bad grades compared to my cousin who gets straight As and is a genius. Maybe i'm just a failure at life and deserve to die.
>>
I think you need therapy for yourself to learn skills to stand up to him or learn to ignore him, and as soon as you are financially able to, save up and leave the house.
>>
>>17235733
thank you....
>>
>chicken wings
>winging it

Kek, i think you should probably bring it up with your mom or some shit
>>
>>17235768
already did. she just tells me to ignore him. How do you ignore someone like that without wanting to smack him?
>>
File: 1462097993143.png (80 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1462097993143.png
80 KB, 265x265
>Chicken wings
>Winging it
>>
>>17235796
Just noticed after i typed it haha
>>
Your going to have to tough this out and be ready to become an adult as soon as possible to move the fuck out. Make sure to call him a faggot on the way out.
>>
>>17235831
most likely yea. I've been told before that i don't know how to do shit. so i just feel like shit all the time.
>>
>>1723572
Dont listen to him.
Furthermore, he's your step father.
There is no natural connection between him and you. You are not a genetic extension of himself.

Just forget he exists and when you move out, don't ever speak to him again. He probably wants you out too so he can be alone with your mother.
>>
>>17236132
>He probably wants you out too so he can be alone with your mother.
well I don't think they even fuck anymore. He even told me once that she is like a sister or room mate to him. partly because she doesn't give him the affection he wants.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.