[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /adv/, I need help. I have a potential gf. We've kissed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
So /adv/, I need help.

I have a potential gf. We've kissed, we've held each other etc. Unfortunately, she lives 3 hours away. Much as I can I will arrange to see her, but I'm sure that will be odd weekends, and not as often as I'd want.

So most of our contact will be via phone. So far we've had two phonecalls. Andboth times it seemed to be awkward and I didn't really know what to say.

So what should I talk about? She's been going through a tough-time with stress and stuff so her life isn't going great at the moment, so asking about her day too much doesn't lead to a good conversation.
>>
>>17234925
Unless you have your own car/transport this relationship is going to be a waste of time

it sounds like she's busy and with 3 hours traveling distance, you will very rarely see each other in person.
>>
>>17235022
I can drive. She can drive. Plus there is trains.

I've known this girl for years and we're getting closer and closer. I think next time we meet we will probably fuck.

I just don't want to sound stupid on the phone. Just got to have topics to go with.
>>
What do you talk about when you're together? Talk about that stuff

>She's been going through a tough-time with stress and stuff so her life isn't going great at the moment, so asking about her day too much doesn't lead to a good conversation.
No, but talking to you will lent her vent a little. A problem shared is a problem halved.
>>
>>17235038
well in that case why don't you talk about mutual interests?

Or you could just let her vent to you if she's really stressed
>>
>>17234925
Encourage her to vent. Remember not to take things personally and just try to think of something that will cheer her up after she's vented.

Think about things you'd like to say to her when you're together throughout the day. I wrote stuff down I wanted to say to my LDR boyfriend. We'd talk on the phone ~5 times/week. Sometimes just to say goodnight, but sometimes if he had time I'd bring up conversations/funny things I'd written down.
>>
Don't let her vent to much, you'll become her bestie.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.