[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asking a girl out from work, good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: highthings.jpg (43 KB, 560x362) Image search: [Google]
highthings.jpg
43 KB, 560x362
>meet a girl at work
>she's genuinely funny, interesting and cute
>she seems interested in me but refers to me as the cool/weird guy when we hang out during work
>don't see her very often due to differing shift schedules
>might have a boyfriend outside of work not sure also feel i might have missed my chance

nevertheless im gonna end up asking her out in the next few days but im wondering how should i approach asking her out? should i flat out ask her out? or hint and lead to the idea of going out? perhaps make up some excuse and see where it goes? what should i do if she says yes or no? is it a good idea?
Also the other issue is i have avpd and overthinking anxiety issues so im damn nervous as shit just thinking about it. I've never been with any girl that's gone further than a close friendship before so i have zero dating experience. will post update if req. pic unrelated
>>
Just ask her to go for a coffee some time. Be as ambiguous as possible - something like dinner+movie is too obviously a date. Make it seem like whatever you invite her to could just be two friends hanging out. Then you can find out stuff like her relationship status
>>
You'll blow it, but if you don't blow it now, you'll just blow it later. So, you might as well get as early of a start on it as you can.
>>
>>17234721
how do i do that without it being forced/awkward?
>>17234764
perhaps
>>
>>17234716
Not worth it.

It's a game: and the girl always wins.

You lose and have to deal with the awkwardness while at work. She'll enjoy it because she got the upper hand.

But by all means, go for it!
>>
>>17234721
That's a terrible idea. If she accepts a coffee date, OP'll get his hopes up. He'll a million times more hurt when she pulls the "I thought we were just friends" line than if he straight up asks her out and she tells him she has a boyfriend.
>>
>>17234764
>you'll blow it, but if you don't blow it now, you'll just blow it later
Not OP but I'm in a similar situation and this is just what I needed to hear. Better to get it over with.
>>
Op, don't listen to these guys.

In my life I've dated 4 co-workers and only 1 got out of hand to the point of her quitting, this was ONLY because she fucking psycho in love with me which can be rare.

You guys are adults, and you're the man. Set the tone as to where and how your relationship should be. Keep any personal issues outside of the workplace. If you guys do work the same shift keep it strictly work, then when you get out fuck her brains out.
>>
>>17235101
>>17235149
OP here. true and thanks for the replies, I can't stop thinking about it but im planning to ask her out tomorrow anyways
>>
>>17234988
It's only awkward if you make it awkward. If she decides to make it awkward afterwards, that's her problem.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.