[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to lose it...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 1600x1345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 1600x1345
Hello, I have had gingivitis for at least 15 years now (I'm 22) but I didn't knew it. I always struggle with little lip ulcers and mouth bleeding when brushing my teeth and because of that I never ate much, was very insecure and never had a gf. So I discovered I had that and got checked, doc said I was critical and injected me something etc. now I can brush my teeth without bleeding and thus be healthier. This girl has a crush on me (I'm a 6.5 - 7), she spoke with me yesterday and I really wanna give It a try, to expierence how it feels to be cared (other than from a family member, sadly I take that for granted). I really really need help with how to deal with my ulcers. They mostly appear when I bite my lip by accident and heal in 2 weeks. Is there any tip at all anyone can give me? This is eating my life, consuming me like a Dorito, I need help... I'm even a little depressed.
>>
I need help, idk if what the doctor did to me will change anything... She basically told me "try not to bite yourself fkr"
>>
I'm not an expert on health problems but I don't think a dentist will give you the answer you want.
>>
>>17234636
As a medfag I can say I've never heard of this in my life... and by the sounds of it, neither did your doctor

Any Crohn's or rheumatic diseases run in the family?

A cause needs to be found before it can be tackled

In the meantime, perhaps chlorohexidine mouth wash?
>>
>>17235302
I probably know what the problem is. I eat my nails and live with a lot of stress from work and uni etc. (I almost got a heart attack at 19 wtf). I also didn't brush my teeth properly before because of gum bleed and ate any sht I could find from mc Donald's to Burger King. That's like the exact list of what might cause ulcers in the tongue or lips according to Google. I have been taking many remedies however and none can eradicate the problem, just help aliviate the pain. I hope that because I don't bleed anymore it might solve it... But no, no one in my family has this problem, not that I know of.
>>
>>17235342
I struggle to see how if you take away the cause, the issue remains for so long after. I question if that's the cause at all

You can't really nearly have a heart attack either. If you had angina at 19 I hope you've been screen for familial hypercholesterolaemia
>>
>>17235350
It's really misterious actually. Because the doctor said she had no idea of why I had that much stress soo young and my family has no record of such. So we just decided to let it slip since the doctor said I was ok after they had me checked and medicated me something.
>>
>>17235362
19 isn't all that uncommon for clinically significant stress

It's not uncommon for teens to come in with chest pain, related to anxiety

Something like 3-5% of suspected heart attacks are due to anxiety (don't quote me)
Interestingly, something around 8-10% are due to heartburn
>>
Is there any type of action I need to avoid to prevent such ulcers? Maybe not drink something or eat something? I'm willing to do ANYTHING to prevent them from appearing even if I bite my lip by mistake or not.
>>
>>17235403
Unfortunately nothing that I know of that you could do yourself - especially when the cause is still I'm doubt

Visit the doctor again and tell them how much it's having an affect on your life. They'll at least do a few more investigations if they don't want to commit to a cause and management plan

Unfortunately it's nearly midnight here, so going to hit the sack. Wish you all the best though, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 375x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 375x484
>>17234636
>consuming me like a Dorito
Giggled there
>I need help... I'm even a little depressed
Don't be. As someone who has ADHD and has gone through a depression because of lonelines and fear of the future, I can tell you that whatever it is you are going through, you can pull yourself out of it. Find out what it is that is pulling you down and decide to change it, NOW!
I was lonely, sat at home before my computer screen all day, struggling to fit in socially. The one thing that pulled me out of that dark spiral was myself. I decided that "no, this is not the life I wanna live" and so I changed everything. I joined sports that I'm still active in, I started studying at uni to get better grades and be able to apply for more programs, and I started talking to people and trained my social skills.
I don't know the answer for your ulcers, I'm sure that there is a medfag out there somewhere that can help you. But when it comes to your depression, do the necessary changes that will lead you to your goal in life

>feels like I overtyped this one but meh, might be someone out there reading this who is feeling down and hopefully gets some hope
>>
>>17234636
>I really really need help with how to deal with my ulcers. They mostly appear when I bite my lip by accident and heal in 2 weeks

They're almost certainly caused by biting the inside of your mouth you idiot. Ulcers are caused by bacteria finding its way into damaged areas of the mucosa. Eat more carefully, and make your mouth a less pleasant environment for bacteria and they'll clear up.

Also don't overcompensate for your previous lack of teeth brushing by brushing aggressively. It will do more harm than good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.