[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend is making a mistake. She wants to move 6 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (137 KB, 1922x1082) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137 KB, 1922x1082
My girlfriend is making a mistake.

She wants to move 6 hours away to a very expensive place she's never been in because it "looks nice in pictures" where she will attend a mediocre school.

She has car payments, school tuition, books, and a lot of other expenses but she doesn't understand that rent there is fucking insane.

I love her and I've been with her for 2 years but she's not making sense right now.

Keep in mind I haven't told her any of this. I just told her that it might cost a lot and stuff and that she should do what makes her happy in life because I truly believe that.

She doesn't care about where she goes to school but she's moving to go to a school because it looks "nice in pictures"

She doesn't want to stay in her home because she doesn't have her own room, etc. I suggested she moves somewhere a bit cheaper or closer at least but her mind's set on expensive far place.

Do you kind of see why I'm upset about this?

>Doesn't have any money
>Wants to attend a shit school in an expensive and "nice looking place" because of pictures

We won't get the chance to meet up a lot because the place is pretty expensive to live in and she's gonna be working a lot. She doesn't understand that.
>>
>>17234608

Oh and I'm not interested in a long distance relationship where we only meet up like once every months or two...
>>
Voice ALL of your concerns to her ASAP. Ask how she plans to afford it. Ask her if she wants you to be in a LDR. Find out exactly what she's envisioning for your relationship.
>>
>>17234617

She wants to pay for it through financial aid + work.

Even though financial aid was supposed to be for tuition (which is 30k/yr in that school mind you)

She wants us to be in a LDR and fully believes we can make it work. I feel like shit because I have doubts... I feel like I'm being really fucked up. Her words "It's okay if we're apart for now because we have our whole lives to be together"

And I'm flattered because I truly wanted to marry her. I love her a lot. But a LDR for 3 or so years would destroy me...
>>
>>17234608
Sit down and talk to her
Figure out the costs vs rewards of what she wants to do
Consider her current financial situation
look at the area she wants to live in and related costs
If she doesn't want to discuss the plans in detail then point out that she is being childish.

If the place looking nice is all it takes, you might be better off without her.
>>
>>17234625

Simply tell her that you aren't ready to be in a LDR for such a long period of time. You have every right to say that. What she does with her life is her choice, but you have no obligation to change your lifestyle to cater to hers.
>>
>>17234841

She says the school and the area is nice and that that's the only reason. I will sit down and talk to her about what her plan is though, thanks.

It just makes me feel bad how she doesn't care what school she goes to yet she decides to go to one 6 hours away from me because

1)that area looks nice

and that's it! And she expects me to be fully supportive of her decision. So far I've been but fuck it's been shitty..
>>
>>17234866

I did.. she starts crying and says that I don't really care about her.

I do care about her! If she was going to that school because she loved the school and it was her dream school i'd be 100 percent supportive! But she's just going for the social life and the aesthetics of the area!
>>
>>17234867
There's a chance it might be a shit test, keep that in mind.

>>17234872
>she's just going for the social life and the aesthetics of the area!
I'm incline to tell you that she might have raised a very big red flag by saying that.
There's a chance that once she is away from her family she will go wild, party and fuck everyone who smiles at her.
>>
>>17234872

The crying and saying you don't care about her bit is emotional manipulation, and that is a very shitty card to play. Don't let her bend you to her will like that. It's her choice to move 6 hours away - if she isn't OK with the consequences, then she shouldn't do it. She sounds very immature.
>>
>>17234877

Do you think it might be a shittest? She seems like she actually might fall through with it. She's been looking at places to rent and shit

Also, she wouldn't do that. I've been with her for 2 years and I can confidently say she's not like that. I know you won't believe me. She's just lonely. She barely has any friends and she wants to start new in a new town. I'll keep my guard up though.

>>17234884

Yeah man that shit pisses me off. I love her but I just don't want a LDR and all the bs that comes with it. It's fine if we're 2-3 hours away. That's a bit more manageable than 6. 6 is like a trip you take with your family once every 6 months lol
>>
Tell her this

Plan B make her "vacation" in this city with the amount of money she would have if she moved there. Like make her last a week in $150

Shell fucking hate it. Bitches hate when their fantasies don't compare to reality and in turn hate the fantasy and create a new one.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.