[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food/Diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 20160402_210020.jpg (729 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160402_210020.jpg
729 KB, 2048x1152
Can someone write my grocery list for me? I want to spend $60/wk on me alone. I have a stove and microwave and know how to use both. No restrictions on the diet, but I'd request you guys keep fiber in mind because my digestive health is absolute shit because I've eaten fast food for 80% of my meals in the last year.
>>
>>17234031
damn nigga, 60 a week? What are you a fatass?

Get quality bread, oats, wheat, grains, all that jazz for sandwiches. They're usually like, no more than 2 bucks a loaf.

Then get various spreads and meats that aren't 100% unhealthy, and enjoy.

Maybe a dozen eggs, some whole milk, and some generic not overly sugar cereal.

Or you could go for the fiber cereal, they're not bad.

Count you calories if you're trying to lose weight, though.
>>
>>17234046
I'm 5'10" 150lbs. Trying to sustain for now. I just don't want every bathroom trip to be... miserable, due to grease and fat. Thanks for the input amigo.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Base your diet around quality organic proteins (eggs, grass fed beef, free range chickens, low-Mercury wild-caught fish, etc.) and eat tons of organic fruit (fiber++) and vegetables. Don't buy any pre-made/processed foods, and cook 95% of your meals yourself.

I suggest eliminating grains entirely.
>>
>>17234031
>oats/granola
>milk
>bread
>eggs
>pasta/rice
>beans/lentils
>whatever meat is on sale
>whatever fruit/vegetables are in season/on sale

Making food in batches saves time and money. You're only drinking water from now on. Keep snacks to a minimum. Absolutely no eating out.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
If you're really worried about fiber make a lot of smoothies with lots of fruit and of course eat your kale.

Source: I'm the healthiest person on this board.
>>
>>17234073

*second healthiest ha.

Oatmeal dude. Both instant and oats,
Cheap, no fat filling. You can go a long way with it.
>>
>>17234046
>>17234066
>>17234067

Any dinner meal suggestions? I guess I better just start googling. I know how to cook, but I'm not a huge fan. Anything easy but healthy/cheap?
>>
>>17234031
For fibre, I recommend psyllium husk. You will take beautiful shits.
>>
>>17234096
Can you get a rice cooker? You can essentially toss in whatever you want and you will get a pretty good stew/soup. They can cook other things as well.
>>
>>17234112
I live with a 65 year old retired guy who cooks food for hundreds of homeless people every week put of his own kitchen. I don't know if he has a rice cooker, but he does have three slow cookers and many other utensils.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>17234083
Oatmeal can only really be considered if you're a serious athlete and desperately need the carbs. Healthy carbs for the average person are like potatoes (sweet potatoes better for nutrient profile), and fruit.

>>17234096
Start with protein, build from there. Simple dinner ideas:

Soups or stews. Throw meat and veggies into a pot, add spices.

Egg dishes. Can just scramble some eggs with a bunch of veggies, or get kinda fancy and put a bunch of greens and other veggies into a baking dish. Crack a few eggs on top and bake until eggs look done.

A big piece of meat with veggie/fruit sides.

Idk there's a million ways to prepare protein + plants.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.