[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day anyone here managed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone here managed to quit smoking?
>>
>>17233706

Yes. Cold turkey one day. The first couple of weeks I had constant cravings for a cig, but after that it got easier. Mostly it was about breaking the habit, certain places and situations triggered urge, so find out what yours are and mentally prepare for those.
>>
>>17233706
75 is a fuckload of cigarettes in a single day. I recently quit using the patch. I was a pack a day smoker for 18 years. The patch is pretty helpful, giving you a nice easy does of nicotine all throughout the day. The cravings pop up but after a few minutes they pass.
>>
>>17233706
here or on fit/. fuck off
>>
Are you really smoking that much ? Like seriously ? How are you even alive ?
>>
>>17233748
Been smoking that much for about 5 years now
>>
Keep your hands busy. The more free your hands are to smoke, the more you're going to want to smoke.

Try playing video games that don't give much for breaks in your leisure, and get a stickshift vehicle if you're a big smoker when you're driving.
>>
>>17233749
Well I haven't met like that before. I used to smoke 1 a day at max, with you it's a whole different problem I would advice you to go to a professional, maybe a psychologist specialized in addiction or something like that
>>
>>17233776
This

He's on a whole different level compare to the average smoker
>>
Snus is really helpful, snus is much, much stronger than cigarettes which, after getting used to, will make cigarettes kind of obsolete, it's also way less harmful.

Or just quit buying new packs. Think of all the money you'll save and how your poor body will start to heal.
>>
>>17233706

Cold turkey is only way to go.
Of course, having a health scare helps a great deal.
Think of all that money you're spending just to inhale some hot air--round trip vacation for two to Europe every year.
>>
>>17233749
Smoke more.

We need less idiots like you breathing.
>>
Yes. I used to smoke two to four packs a day.

You could try switching to dip first, but frankly I recommend cold turkey. When you decide that you're done, you'll never look back. I recommend smoking DMT, it has been proven to help with addiction.
>>
>>17234955
>cold turkey

never quit something cold turkey, the best way is to slowly cut down
>>
>>17233706
Any advice for someone who wants to start smoking?
>>
>>17235169
Yeah don't ever smoke more than half a pack a day because than it's expensive as fuck and also annoying having to go to the store everyday to get more
>>
>>17235167
Can confirm. I tried cold turkey and that was hell and didn't work because it's too much of a shock on your system to go from 35 smokes a day to 0
>>
I've been a smoker for 2 years now, but I very rarely go past 10 per day. When I do pass 10, I feel like crap. I can also not smoke for days at a time. I'm stopping cold turkey asI am not that addicted and I don't think it would be that hard.
>>
That's like 3 packs? Do you literally chain smoke? How? I smoked like 1/3 a pack a day and my throat hurt all the time, thought I had grown a tumor or something.
>>
>>17233706
Nigger you smoke for 9 hours every day.
How in the fuck?
>>
Watch Joel Spitzer's video on quiting smoking.
>>
>>17235588
He's probably one of those fags that puts a cigarette out when there's still like 3 drags left on it.
>>
Try vaping. No, seriously! You can choose the percentage of nicotine in your cape juice and wean yourself down to 0%, while still doing more or less the same habitual motions as smoking a real cigarette.

It's how my mom quit after 40 years. Six months nicotine free, tried everything else over the years, she's never made it this long before.
>>
>>17236216
>cape juice
Hah. Vape juice. I need to go back to /co/.
>>
File: 1465365848602.jpg (80 KB, 628x651) Image search: [Google]
1465365848602.jpg
80 KB, 628x651
why would someone start smoking cigarettes knowing they're going to get addicted to the nastiest stupidest habit ever?
>>
>>17236232
>kids do the darndest things.
>>
>>17233706
Read easy way to quit.

Not even memeing you - the book may be placebo but works like a charm. Smoked 30 unfiltered a day for 8 years. Quit 7 months ago and haven't looked back
>>
>>17236291
>Smoked unfiltered
Holy shit, your lungs/bronchus/vocal cords/everything

>Quit 7 months ago and haven't looked back

Good for you anon! Keep it up. I bet your body already feels better for it. Because holy fucking balls, unfiltered.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.