[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While travelling Southeast Asia I have met this local girl in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 3619952844_e38cc3a034_b.jpg (241 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
3619952844_e38cc3a034_b.jpg
241 KB, 683x1024
While travelling Southeast Asia I have met this local girl in Thailand. I have stayed in Thailand on and off for about 8 months in total and know the country and culture fairly well. Anyway, I have known her for about 6 months now and she has became one of the most important people in my life. She is a wonderful, clever, funny girl very different from your average Thai girl. I can share everything with her and I really trust (try to find a thai girl you can trust) her quite a lot by now.

However, she told me that she has previously worked as a bar girl (prostitute - for those not familiar with Thailand) and I'm really struggling to get over that fact. I understand this is a very common thing in Thailand and a convenient way for poor people to take care of their families and I have seen it plenty of times and while I never really liked it I never got myself hooked on that thought too much. Since I've met her and know about her story, though, I'm so caught up in my mind trying to deal with this topic. I try to rationalize it and tell myself it's just another way to make money and knowing my lazy self I might just go the same way if I grew up in Thailand and I had the choice between working 10 hours a day and being piss poor my entire life or sleeping with some old sugarmama every other night and live the high life but I still refuse to accept it.

Except for this one issue I like absolutely everything about her, but every time I look at her I can't help thinking about all those old men she has slept with and it disgusts me. How do I grow a pair and deal with this?
>>
This thread again
>>
>>17233487
You're dating and loving a prostitute.
Life isn't Pretty woman.
>>
>>17233491

I know I posted a similar thread yesterday but didnt get much helpful response. I rephrased it to get more to the point and am hoping for better luck today.

I really need some useful input.
>>
> be me
> buys yellow bike at garage sale
> rides around 6 months
> paint starts rubbing off. Bike has been repainted! Many times! Was been red, black and silver!

-keep bike
-repaint bike
-ride bike
Or
- throw town bike out
>>
>>17233487
This is the kind of thing where you can either get over it, you can't, just like cheating. It's black or white. Like you said yourself, you're going to think about those old geezers she's been with whenever you see her. That's not going to change, ever. There's no point trying to find ways to deal with this because the fact that it's eating at you so desperately says that you're never going to be able to deal with it.

Move on. You will find other wonderful, clever, funny girls.
>>
File: 1350058690214.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1350058690214.png
79 KB, 250x238
I like how men justify dating prostitutes because 'she's not liek the other girls!' lmao.
'Not like other girls' most of the time only means she's actually giving you attention unlike most women who just don't care at all about you
>>
>>17233487
Ask her how big the geezer's cocks were

You'll either be a god if you're larger than all of them or you'll get cucked

Better than nothing
>>
>>17233800

Thanks.

I was thinking it might help me deal with it if I just asked her. Like why did you think this is okay? How did you feel when going with those men? Is that really not an issue for you? If I asked her I know she would answer me honestly but I'm scared this might be a topic she would rather avoid going into details on and I don't want to hurt her.
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>17233487
Get her tested ASAP. that is the first thing you should do. (Not just hiv. Herpes, Hpv, etc. as well).

> I like absolutely everything about her
What is it that you do love off her?

As well: Keep in mind this woman might just use you for money as well, having been a prostitute. Do you pay her stuff? Meals? Rent? Clothes? Expensive gifts?

If so are you her customer without knowing it.
>>
>>17235499

AS ALWAYS ON /ADV/ - COMMUNICATION IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.
>>
>Except for this one issue I like absolutely everything about her

there's always something to be fixated, anon, i guarantee you she's not 100% perfect except for the fact she used to sell her body

you're not going to wake up one day and realize this thing doesn't bother you and never think about it again. its going to always be in the back of your head. if you get married and have kids or something, there will probably be some point where you guys are fighting and you get pissed off and call her a "bar slut tramp" or something and then she'll leave and never come back

just move on, there are billions of women on the planet and this isn't something you can fix
>>
overcome misogyny
>>
>>17235863

No I'm not paying a cent for her. That was exactly the first thing I was worried about, too, so I put my foot down straight from the start and went 50/50 with her on everything we did just so I can rest assured she's with me because of me and not because of money. 6 months later we're still going and she's never once complained or asked me for anything.

>>17235873

I know. But I'm worried it might hurt her. And it might not even help me so what if I hurt her for nothing?

>>17236120

Of course, I know that. I'm also realistic enough to understand that me and her could never have a serious long term relationship because I can't stay abroad forever.

>>17236163

Somewhat true. My first thought was that it really just bothers me because she does it for money but I would probably be just as bothered, if not more, if she had sex with another person for fun.
>>
Also, just forgetting about her isn't really an option I want to take because it wouldn't be fair to her. We said we were friends and we didn't want to have any secrets. She knows my story and I know her story.

I can not blame her for her past. She has done nothing wrong to me to justify ending our friendship (or more, whatever it is we have). If she never told me about her bar work then we would be fine and dandy but I wanted to the full and honest story about her. Well she gave me that and I don't want to be a dick to her about it now.

Thanks for all the input so far. Really appreciate this conversation.
>>
Are the people from yesterday still here? I would really like to continue this discussion.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.