[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I reconsider my friendship with him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
I am the girl from >>17232784

I can't help but think he values the friendship less than I do and I don't even know if he thinks of me as a friend anymore.

I feel really let down at this moment. I am starting to feel like I wasted all my time befriending him as now he does not even want to meet me, yet deep inside, I know that I will miss him as our relationship is "brotherly-sisterly" (maybe).

Should I reconsider my friendship with him?
>>
>>17233386
Well, anything useful?
Should I even ask him if he thinks of me as a friend or what and be honest about how I feel?
>>
hey

Look its not easy for guys to keep a friendship with a girl, we fell in love really quick and its confusing at times.

Its obvious that he has feelings for you and its mutual from what i see.

Now the problem is that he is to young, simply put it he is afraid.

The reason he doesnt want to tell his family about you is because he knows they will not understand why this is happening.

Ask your self, imagine you are a mother and your 18 year old son comes to you and says an older woman from germany is coming to meet him for the 1st time.

He doesnt want to hear from his family that what he feels for you is wrong, because that is probably what they will say.

Right now i imagine that he might be suffering trying to coupe with the decision of wanting you to go or not.
>>
>>17233398
>Its obvious that he has feelings for you and its mutual from what i see
I confronted him about this and he said that it is all platonic

>Right now i imagine that he might be suffering trying to coupe with the decision of wanting you to go or not.
I know, but still, what a fucking bastard!
>>
He says its platonic but its not, remenber this is an 18 year old we are talking about.

>I know, but still, what a fucking bastard!
Try to put yourself in his shoes, before you judge, if you keep forcing him you will just make him run away.

Look...deep down most of us here in this board have past experiences that hurt us in some way, and when we see another needs help we helped that person has best we can.....Theres allways the asshole, but dont listen to them :D .

What i am trying to say is: we know how you feel, all of us do. Love hurts and it hurts like getting hit in the chest but a 1 ton rock, and then when you are down you feel like shit.

You made the decision of going to meet the person you love, but you also have to respect his decision. Force him and you will make him suffer alot more than what he is suffering right now.
>>
>>17233421
I don't have any romantic feelings for him. He said he never had any romantic feelings for me. End of story.
>>
Bump again
>>
it depends on your situation op
>>
>>17233369
I can actually semi see where he's coming from. Even though you've known one another online 2.5yr, that's very different from knowing one another in real life. Is his family traditional? Because I can also see why his family are skeptical, especially if they're traditional and don't think highly of online friends. You're essentially a stranger to them, don't forget that.
>>
Probably guy sounds like a bit of a cunt. Then again you might be pushing yourself on him too much.

Can go both ways.
>>
>>17233369
If you don't feel romantically for him, what's the point? Be honest with yourself. Do you have feelings for him? Why else would you want to see him so much.

Either way he clearly doesnt like you enough romantically or otherwise to meet you and has no intention to. If he liked you he wouldnt care what his parents think so it seems like a shit excuse, especially for a guy whose parents probably aren't as protective as a girls.

Dont wait up op. You cant force this kid to meet you if he's this apathetic about it and you certainly can't force him to be your friend.
>>
>>17233871
>Is his family traditional
yes, religious as well
>>17233887
>Why else would you want to see him so much
to prove that i havent been catfished and to know that for sure
>If he liked you he wouldnt care what his parents think so it seems like a shit excuse
he lives with his parents and he cant just "disappear" from his house
>>
>>17234017
Well, there you go. He's not making up shit to avoid you. Save the meetup for later, maybe when he's in a better position to.
>>
How can he be catfishing you? You've seen him on webcam. You know it's him, right? Seems like a bad excuse

>he lives with his parents and he cant just "disappear" from his house

No but he can certainly tell his parents hes going to hang out with a friend, even if he has to lie about where you're from. Could it be possible he's been lying about other things, perhaps his age or situation, that he doesn't want you to find out?
>>
>>17234032
he just said he will tell his brother. i dont know if it is "all talk no action"
>>
>>17234047
>Could it be possible he's been lying about other things, perhaps his age or situation, that he doesn't want you to find out?
how can i know? im not him
ive been talking to him for more than 2 years and nothign contradicted. either he is tellling the truth or very good at catfishing
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.