[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a neutral opinion on this turn of events, I need someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Need a drink.png (201 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Need a drink.png
201 KB, 500x281
I need a neutral opinion on this turn of events, I need someone from outside.

>two friends had been dating for a few months
>recently she broke up with him because he was too pushy so to speak, was creeping her out and shit
>so here I am listening to him bitch and be generally emo and try to give him some encouragement, and just ended up just talking with her for a while
>after I had talked to her for a while I noticed I had started to develop feelings for her. I've had problems with telling people how I feel because of past experience, and I suppose I was afraid if I didn't say anything, that I might lose my chance
>so I bite the bullet and tell her, she tells me she started feeling the same way yadda yadda you know how this goes
>we both agreed though, we would wait to make this public until after our friend had simmered down from the whole thing
>after about a week or two I decided I would just have to tell him, he didn't seem like he'd be able to let it go and still seemed to think there was a chance left
>I knew it probably wouldn't go so well, and it didn't. He blows up in my face, starts yelling about being betrayed
>me and him argue for a bit and decide to just try and settle down, not get involved with each other for a while
>so this goes on
>but even when I have important (sometimes personal) shit to tell him about he just ignores it completely, like he just doesn't want to acknowledge me because maybe I might go away
>so I confront him about it, he goes off again, talks about how I shoulda have told him beforehand, asked his "permission" basically.
>shitniggerwhatareyousaying
>I'm the one blowing up in his face, start laying on the table everything he does or has done that was fucking retarded or childish, leave him off with telling him to grow the fuck up and learn to let go
>turn my phone off and grab a drink

Were we both in the wrong, /adv/?
>>
>Were we both in the wrong, /adv/?
Short answer: yes.
>>
>>17233286
You only waited 2 weeks dude.Would you jump in his grave as fast?
>>
>>17233286
Keeping the secret until he had simmered down was the right move

(You) done goofed
>>
>break up with gf you loved very much
>2 weeks later your 'friend' is nailing her
>WHY IS HE SO MAD ??????!?????
Cmon
>>
>>17233286
Yes you're both in the wrong. He's a creepy douche and you're the douche with no tact. Great job.
>>
File: 918236.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
918236.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>17233286
>>
>>17233286
Greentext your greentext
>>
>>17233286
Yes, you're both wrong, but i'm a little more pragmatic and would say the conflict is slightly more in your favor

He is no longer dating her, and he does not own her

You and her have no obligation to him, he should have known she would be "on the market" as soon as they split, he should just suck it up and quit bitchin'
>>
>>17234332
not OP, but:
>friend breakups long time gf, torn up about it
>his gf and I are friends, feelings develop and we both decide to keep it secret until friend-kun gets over it
>two weeks in tell him like a dumb faggot
>accuse friend of being childish when he gets upset
>go an adv to get people to tell me I'm not a faggot, even though I already know I am
Nothing to see here
>>
File: 1463667733540.png (35 KB, 203x241) Image search: [Google]
1463667733540.png
35 KB, 203x241
>>17233286
Jesus, is it just the norm to fuck your friend's ex now? Feels like I see this happen twice a week.

Anyway, you should have asked him about your feelings for her first before you told her. You can argue that it's not his business, and that's fine, but you better be ready to lose a friend in the process. He doesn't talk to you about your personal shit anymore cause you don't seem trustworthy to him now.

A guy can deal with hearing that his ex hooked up with some random dude 2 weeks after the break up, but not that his friend is the one she's with. Judging by the fact you dusted off his post breakup woes as emo shit, I'm not sure why you care anyway.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.