[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUI in Arizona - share your experiences? Give tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1454736805069.jpg (19 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1454736805069.jpg
19 KB, 480x480
Hello, I've recently received my first DUI charge in AZ, aka the state that flays you alive for any kind of drunk driving. (Thanks, illegals.) I blew a 0.103, and the official DUI level is 0.08 and an extreme DUI is 0.15. More good news, I had a can of open beer in my vehicle. Fuck you, the line at Burger King was really long, and I took two sips from it.

I had had a few shots before leaving. We were out of liquor so I left to get some along with some food at Burger King. I was actually driving completely fine. I was pulled over for a busted taillight (it was early nighttime) (THIS IS YOUR REMINDER TO MAKE SURE ALL YOUR FUCKING LIGHTS WORK!!!!) and when the cop opened the window he immediately asked if I had anything to drink. I came clean and admitted it and he asked me to exit the vehicle and we did the whole song and dance. I actually passed the field sobriety tests, but was nonetheless given a breathalyzer, after which my truck was towed and we went downtown and it was altogether not a bad experience. I was polite and compliant and followed all orders and me and the cop even talked politics on the many rides. In fact he let me go home by the time it was all done.

Anyways, overall I have 4 criminal DUI charges and 1 civil (the taillight). The open beer is what's gonna make me fry like a piggy. I'm considering getting a lawyer, since I had a friend that was driving 4 times the DUI limit and got a 6 month sentence reduced to a week. Have you guys any experience fighting DUIs? (AZ cases would be ideal, but I'd like to hear any cases.)
>>
>>17232974
get a lawyer
>>
File: 1439003262092.jpg (80 KB, 628x651) Image search: [Google]
1439003262092.jpg
80 KB, 628x651
>>17232974
I would like to emphasize that the advice I sorely want is in cases where any of you guys/gals hired a lawyer. Worth it? Clearly it was, for one guy.
>>
>>17232974
>thanks illegals.

Fuck you OP! I'm glad you got a dui. I got hit by some white mutt of a woman whilst I walked. Fuck shitty irresponsible drivers.
>>
Troll thread. Sage and report.
>>
>>17232986
I'm glad you got hit.
>>
Often times, in the court room they'll say
"6 months"
Then walk you out and someone tells you its really only 3 weeks of whatever.

States like Arizona are fucking poor and can't afford to enforce crimes like this.
>>
>>17233034
topkek thanks, but you literally pay for my disability, healthcare, and education fagg0t. i get to leech off of taxpayers like you.

>inb4 free education from bernie
>>
>>17233060
I might disagree, Arizona is pretty poor but they definitely make room for petty shit like this. They go hard on DUIs.
>>
I live in WI where DUI laws are finally getting ramped up. Unlucky for me I got my second 6 years ago. After all that fall out (and jail time) I got a lawyer and the judge threw all my post-conviction charges out.
>>
>>17233069
I'm sure whatever disability you're on now moved you up to a higher station in life
>>
>>17232974
>Fuck illegals
>Blaming others for their own stupidity.

You deserve everything that's happening to you.
>>
File: 1440440366295.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1440440366295.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
>>17233115
Take off your problem glasses my guy. I never blamed anyone for my actions. I said, perhaps not clearly enough for you, that illegals are the reason our DUI laws are so tough. We have so many Mexicans here driving shitfaced 24/7 that we have to make DUI laws so tough.
>>
>>17232974
Anyone who drinks and drives should be prosecuted for attempted murder. If they don't actually kill anyone, that is the accident.
>>
>>17233142
You must be 12 or an aging liberal hippie douche. Everyone drinks and drives. Only the stupid ones get caught.
>>
>>17233142
That's pretty draconian man. If it wasn't for MADD DUI would have been a slap on the wrist like it used to be.
>>
>>17233202
Yeah, I remember back in the day, we used to laugh at the drunk guy that stumbled into his vehicle and took off. Of course now we kind of demonize that, and of course rightly so, but society's values just change that way.

Of course, societies don't have values. People have values. Have people's values changed? I think not.
>>
>>17233250
I mean manslaughter is already a crime. So if you kill someone you can receive a manslaughter conviction regardless of being drunk or not.
>>
File: WHO_BAC_Relative_risk[1].png (78 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
WHO_BAC_Relative_risk[1].png
78 KB, 960x720
Fuck off with you waah waah feel bad for me muh 0.103, the limit is 0.02 where I'm from because you're not supposed to fucking drink and drive, I hope you get the proper punishments and learn to take some fucking responsibility.
>>
>>17233194
Whoa. No. Not everyone drinks and drives. Irresponsible shitheads drink and drive.
>>
>>17233194
Serious question why. Why endanger the lives of others like that? Why not get a designated driver? Can bad stuff happen even if you drink responsibly? Or lastly just don't drink?
>>
>>17233440
samefagging and saging because I forgot something

But, I may be no fun but at least I'm safe. I know my alcohol limits, and if for some reason I go crazy on the alcoholic wines I can tolerate (wine & champagne because I'm a very sensitive & small girl), then I'll just not fucking drive or just find someone who can give me a ride
>>
>>17233121

Irrelevant. Only a complete fucking retard drives under the influence of alcohol anyway.

You honestly deserve any hardship you get from this.
>>
Bump for real responses
>>
Basically, yeah. I got to sue the fuckhead that hit me. I get free transportation, and flat rate of $3 in a taxi.

I don't need a job, and am basically wasting my time here on 4chan. People suck my dick once they know of my cerebral damage, and how I'm still coherent as fuck.
>>
>>17234530
I meant you were probably more retarded before, and the accident maybe un-dinged a few of your problem areas. I naturally assumed you profited financially from it.
>>
>>17234712
Retarded? Not in the slightest. But you'e actually right. I suffered from schizophrenic symptoms (I was about to see a pdoc), and after the tbi, it all went away. No hallucinations, no derealization, and I'm not paranoid as before. I have metal in my bones, a few scars but besides that 10/10 it was a win/win situation all around.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.